ABS Indicator

wm_sorg

Registered
My abs occasionally kicks on for no reason. The ABS and Track control indicators will stay on unti I restart. Does not happen all of the time. Anyone elese have this problem?

Regards,
BILL

RE: ABS Indicator

similar here. Lost "fan" belt and during it's destruction it wiped out vaccuum hose [pink] to a cannister in front of harmonic balencer[sp]. 98 lsc. need to get a better book than what I got seeing as how I have no clue what that cannister does. Got check engine and now abs / traction control. Good luck finding answer
Dan

Usually the ABS/traction control issue is a problem with a wheel sensor. Check for something amiss at the sensor and harness at the front hubs and just outboard at the rear differential.

I think the canister in front of the crank pulley on the Gen2 is part of the the air injector emission device.

I just replaced a front wheel sensor last night, it is easy and solved my problem.

I grounded the connector on the ABS test harness, counted the light pulses, looked it up and it said the right sensor was bad.

I got the sensor from Max at Five star, removed the brake and rotor, one bolt holds the sensor, I used a punch to drive out the old one.

It took me about an hour.

hardest part is getting them out.

i destroyed both of mine removing them to drop the k-member. next time the k-member came out i dug the connector out of the bumper and just unhooked it.

Back