Help! My front bags are slammed, the pump is pumping..

djgios97

Registered
Help! My front bags are slammed, the pump is pumping and I hear a hissing. I took the wheel off this morning, oh I replaced the pump a few months ago, and resealed the lines with non hardening sealant. No joy, then I took the wheel off one more time and resealed the selonoid still no joy. Here's what's been going on, I normally keep my bags off, and only turn them on to get some air every few weeks, because the bags have a VERY small leak. Last night I turned them on when I was moving some stuff, and the front bags slammed to ground. the pump is new, healthy and pumps! I know the selonoids work because they were holding air, and opened to let the air out. I've tried a bunch of stuff, and really need some help. Some one please provide to me an answer, I love to drive my Mark! :(

RE: Help! My front bags are slammed, the pump is pumping..

Oh yea, I get a Check Air Ride in the sentry. When my pump went bad there was no code. Computer maybe?

Bags are toast, sounds like one or both has a leak,

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Bags are toast, sounds like one or both has a leak,
[/div]

Problem is, BOTH front bags are leveled though. They didnt bottom out completely (Then we'd think bad bags and/or sensors), nor went back to normal height (He'd be having a drink right now). He's kinda in the middle right at the current time.

oh yes, and if i remember correctly, he told me they dropped AFTER he turned ON the air suspension switch. It was off for sometime, adn they were holding air well.

Right, thanks Moe. The only thing I can think of is the computer or clogged lines, unlikely

Right, thanks Moe. The only thing I can think of is the computer or clogged lines, unlikely
[/div]

IMHO, the suspension computer would be the least likely of my suspects.

I'm thinking the vent solenoid at the dryer is stuck. For some reason it probably stuck open at last cycle and then when the system was reactivated, the bag solenoids opened and dumped through the open vent solenoid. Now the compressor runs, pumps air out the vent(hissing sound), then times out after 90 seconds and trips the "Check Air Suspension" warning.

YES!!!! It does run for about 90 seconds and then times out!! How can I fix it???

I have been baffled over this all day long, I got up early to attempt to figure it out but no joy. I even resealed all four lines with sealant at the compressor. So I need to check out the vent solenoid. This is what I love about the second gens. Lincoln knows what a pain in the @ss it is to get at the pump in the first gens and made a change.

It did, it was a whole assembly. Can I do something to at least close the valve enough to get air in my bags to drive?

Ok did the system check, while I had the car on stands and no WOW (weight on wheels), I hit the pump and found that there is a leak and it seems to be coming from the dryer, as if the dryer itself was blown. So I was able to get air into bags by popping off the sensors and turning on the pump. I'm sending the pump back to strutmasters ASAP.

I hit the pump and found that there is a leak and it seems to be coming from the dryer, as if the dryer itself was blown. [/div]

Sounds like the vent solenoid. :(

It was the dryer, it was leaking from the hose sites, and the seals it was blown out. Wierd. i'll have a new one in two days. Nice.

Back