Has anyone experienced a stuck vent solenoid?

djgios97

Registered
Has anyone experienced a stuck vent solenoid? It seems to be my problem as to why the heck I can't get the front of my car off the ground. If anyone has, how did you fix it?

RE: Has anyone experienced a stuck vent solenoid?

I had a stuck vent solenoid once, but it was on my spider valve. I fixed it by cycling it a few times with the switch in my car. If you don't have switches hooked up i think it would be a PITA. You want to tap into the wire for it and apply 12v momentarily a few times.

Vent solenoid is a part of the compressor assy. It is very common for it to fail, thus preventing the compressor from airing up the bags. The only good way to fix it is to replace the compressor, preferably with a rebuilt unit from Eddie, along with a spider valve.

The thing is it IS new I bought it from StrutMasters in March. i am going to take apart the whole system tonight and turn it on, I will check for leaks and get back to everyone. Thank's for so much help.

Ok did the system check, while I had the car on stands and no WOW (weight on wheels), I hit the pump and found that there is a leak and it seems to be coming from the dryer, as if the dryer itself was blown. So I was able to get air into bags by popping off the sensors and turning on the pump. I'm sending the pump back to strutmasters ASAP.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Ok did the system check, while I had the car on stands and no WOW (weight on wheels), I hit the pump and found that there is a leak and it seems to be coming from the dryer, as if the dryer itself was blown. So I was able to get air into bags by popping off the sensors and turning on the pump. I'm sending the pump back to strutmasters ASAP.
[/div]

Glad you found the problem. If you pumped them enought, they should last you until you get it back. Hopefully its something covered by warrenty.

Back