air suspension stock Vs. non-stock Vs. spring conversion kit

air suspension stock Vs. non-stock Vs. spring conversion kit

• Total voters

Fro99

Registered
first off 94 mark 8 love it
just got a computer scan on air ride system ($75 :| ) and the result was that i need 2 new front air bags i thought the front were only struts but anyway thats what dude said
i was wondering i planing on having this car for awhile and someday deckin out the engin and so fourth so i was wondering what the people who already did that thought
the only 2 reason i like the air ride is the lowering of the ride when it is being acclerated fast or something like that to make it more air-dynamic wondering if it relly did help? and air ride is bacisly just pimp ;p

THX for any advice :) :) :) :) :) :)

RE: air suspension stock Vs. non-stock Vs. spring conversion kit

I went with Koni's and Eibach springs. I love the adjustability of the Koni's. Set at soft for daily driving, then I can turn them up for some big fun!

I think the 98 has a softer spring rate. gen 2's seem to ride softer.

replace with factory gen 2 bags. don't go to the dealer, order them online.

then add some switches so you can lower the car at will.

YES!!!
that is what i want is the air switch dose anyone know where i can find one to lower and high all i want???

or even wherer i can find the 98 bags online

when i went to dealer he said 250 a go i said hell no
then i asked the dealer if i could switch to springes and he said that it was imposible ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf::

when i am lookin online i am looking to buy the front 2 air struts?

even though the airbags are leakin ::wtf::

Yes, all MarkVIII front struts incorporate the air bags into the strut design. You can get original Ford(better) or aftermarket(cheaper) air bag struts online.

I ditched the air ride in my 94 long ago. Now my car outhandles our stock 97 LSC on all counts, unless I treat it like a pick-up truck.

if load-levelling is your top priority, keep the air ride. But some of us dont need to haul kids/luggage/walmart trips/sand bags around all day, so for me, it's coils 24/7/365.

cant beat the price, the options, the handling, the peace of mind, the predictability(during agressive driving maneuvers).

yea, yea...so your cars go "hissssss" when you shut the door, and you can add switches, reostats, etc to your toys...if that's your game, have at it. me? I prefer to drive a conventional car...like the millions of *other* coil-equipped cars on the road.

The novelty of air ride went out as quickly as the air in my suspension, and as soon as that $1175 estimate I got for parts alone!

strictly my opinion, not trying to sway anyone...its my car, my money, and my needs...

I still have air ride in our 97, so you cant say I dont know the difference. Oh, and yes, I have driven on brand new gen 2 air ride...it didnt change my mind.

[a
Club 16 President/Founder
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
V.P. GGM8​

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
YES!!!that is what i want is the air switch dose anyone know where i can find one to lower and high all i want???or even wherer i can find the 98 bags onlinewhen i went to dealer he said 250 a go i said hell nothen i asked the dealer if i could switch to springes and he said that it was imposible ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf:: ::wtf::
[/div]

Dealer only deals with dealer parts for that specific car. Factory never made mark 8 coil springs, and dealers don't sell aftermarket... so rather than send you someplace that would do it he told you it was impossible.

http://www.mark8.org/users/sleeper/solenoid_mod_1.3.jpg

From the main site:

http://www.lincolnmarkviii.org/suspension/airsuspension1.htm

The schematic i posted is the one i used. I have a switch for each wheel, i push the switch up, the car goes up, i push it down, the car goes down. Maybe 20 bucks in parts and an hour to install.

Go and buy new air bags from someone other than a dealer when those fail. Eddie at American Air Suspension sells good compressors cheap, and stands behind them. Don't know if he does bags or not though.

Back