New Compressor needed?

MARCOs VIII

Registered
Hello, I have a 94 Mark with a rebuilt compressor and spyder valve (from Eddie) that I installed a while ago.

A few months ago the compressor started getting loud again, so i shut off the air ride switch.

Recently I noticed the front end getting a little low, so I turned on the switch and the compressor came on and was running for its 90 seconds but the frt end never moved.

I also have the Kale mod and I tried to open the frt bag solenoids manually but that didn't work either.

I went to the gas station and tried to pump air in through the spyder valve to fill the bags but nothing happened...

As i drove home from the gas station though...the frt end raised itself very high.

I never had to manually pump air in through the spyder valve, I left the key in the on positon with the air susp. switch on and tried pumping air in the spyder valve....is this the correct procedure? and would I instantly see the frt end raise?

I'm broke so I don't want to drop 250 or 300 on another compressor if thats not the problem (since it was running), i read somewhere the the vent solenoids are a part of the compressor is this true?...any information would be appreciated! Thank-you much

Marco in Boston

RE: New Compressor needed?

I am having some of those problems on one of mine as well. I don't use it very often so I have been slow in fixing it. I have had discussions with Eddie about this as I also have one of his spider valves in each of my Marks. My daily driver I have no issues with. it's only the garage queen. The problem is this. There apparantley is or was some moisture still in the system, and rhw venring thru the spider valve has caused some residue (corrision) to accumulate on the spool causing it to stick. Thats why the problem is intermittent. The fix is to take the valve apart, and lap the spool down to get rid of the whit stuff you will see on it. Eddie has since introduced his more advanced unit that incorporates a pre-filter/moisture collector ahead of the discharge side. Knowing how Eddie takes good care of his customers I would call him and see what he can work out with you to get you upgraded to get rid of this problem. I haven't had time to pursue the fix yet, but he did offer me some outs. Great guy to do business with:)

interesting, Thank-you for your input, i'll take a closer look at my spyder valve for this residue.

I just find it weird that it would affect my kale mod. For example, when i try to vent or air up the bags via the kale switches,neither the vent solenoid or compressor will activate

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
... I just find it weird that it would affect my kale mod. For example, when i try to vent or air up the bags via the kale switches,neither the vent solenoid or compressor will activate
[/div]

I don't have a spyder valve, but as I understand it, isn't it a vent valve? As such, it makes sense the system would not inflate with the spyder valve stuck as it is essentially open to atmosphere, Kale mod or not.

Absolutely correct. Valve sticks in open postion so bags won't fill and compressor times out, or sticks in closed and won't vent down.

Back