How do I shut the air compresser off???

Johnnysrx

Registered
I just swithed to shocks and struts and they told me to take out the fuse that runs the air compresser but they didn't tell me what fuse it was. Does anyone know what fuse I need to take out?
Thanks

RE: How do I shut the air compresser off???

You should be able to turn off the system at the suspension switch in the trunk.

There should be a 50 amp maxi-fuse in the engine compartment fuse box that feeds power to the compressor relay.

their is also a 15 amp fuse that feads the air ride computer that must be pulled it is in the same fuse box. All of the fuses are labeled in the owners book in the glove box

All I did was turn off the trunk switch when I replaced my front air bags.

There is a harder way to do it, but better in my opinion.

Open the glove box and look to the right there is a suspension computer in there with a black connector and a gray connector. Pull them out and you will not get any error messages on your display, the whole system will be disabled.

I thought that if you cut wire #12 it will stop the display also and avoid having to remove everything.

I don't agree with disconnecting the air suspension module as a way to disable the air ride. Remember that the air suspension module handles more than just the air, it also handles the EVO (Electronic Variable Orifice) for the steering. The steering should go to full effort by default, which at higher speeds, may make the car drive funny.

If you disconnect the solenoids and cap the lines, the module should detect a problem, shut everything down and turn on the "check suspension" message, thus not turn on the compressor.

Cutting the wire from the module to the message center will keep you from getting the message.

Back