air ride motor

cosmicred1

Registered
just was wondering where to locate the pump for the air ride on my mark 8 it has stopped pumpingand is slammed on the ground, i need to locate this so i can replace it somehow. is there a way to jack it up once it is slammed? thanks

RE: air ride motor

The pump is located behind the bumper, just forward and slightly up from the RIGHT front wheel centerline. You must remove bumpper cover to access the pump. PITA.

Actually you dont have to remove the bumper cover.

Jack up the car,
pull the passenger front tire off
Pull the splash sheild from the passenger fender
Peek in the fender and look towards the front of the car
WALA.. compressor!

I can have mine out of the car in 20 minutes, no problem.

First time I pulled a compressor, Nightsky and myself did his in an office depot parking lot.
We were NOOBS and took off the front bumper cover.

After than fiasco I've removed a dozen or so compressors NEVER touching the front bumper cover.

I agree, but I don't remove the tire, I do it all from under the front end. I do have to lossen the splash shield in the wheel well tho and remove the plastic shield from the under side of the bumper.
out and in about 2 hours / thats with beer time.

I am attempting to remove my air ride compressor on a 1996 mark viii, everyone says it is simple. I have the wheel well off I can see the bracket and touch it, but how do I remove it. Love my Mark but frustrated with the design when it comes to part replacement.

Is there any location that gives instructions for removal of the compressor?

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks
RD

Back