Hello

Utah93Pearl

Registered
I'm wonderin what methods do readers of this board use to control the air ride height of thier cars. Looking for a way to adjust the height and was wondering what others out there are useing.

RE: Hello

Search the main site for some good info www.linconsclub.org

Look in the tech articles.

Some people adjust the height sensors to get the look they want. Others are using a "module 8" which some guy in sweden? came up with. it adjusts the signals from the height sensors so the computer sets the car at a different height. Another method is to hook switches up to control the solenoids and the compressor.

Myself i lowered the car very slightly by adjusting the sensors, and i have switches hooked up to allow me to lower or raise the car at will.

With just adjusting, not modding, the sensors on a stock car, you can drop the front about 3/4" and the rear over 2". I modified the brackets on the front so that I could drop the front two inches. You just cut the top off and use an extension bracket. Costs close to nothing and only the front wheels have to come off. Adjustments can be done with the wheels on and the car sitting on the ground. You just turn the wheel all the way from side to side to get to the sensor.

The Module 8 is also a good option, though it costs around $100 last I heard and it requires some time to install. Of course further adjustments are easier than with the bracket mod.

SLEEPER please tell me more about your set up. Do you get errors? How was it installed and parts needed. I'm very interested.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
SLEEPER please tell me more about your set up. Do you get errors? How was it installed and parts needed. I'm very interested.
[/div]

start here

http://www.lincolnmarkviii.org/suspension/airsuspension1.htm

make sure you look at this

http://www.lincolnmarkviii.org/suspension/airsuspension2.htm

Once you get a good understanding of exactly how it works you can come up with your own method of doing it. You can hook up the switches different ways. I have a switch for each wheel, i push up and that corner goes up, i push down and that corner goes down.

This is the schematic for the way i hooked it up

http://www.mark8.org/users/sleeper/solenoid_mod_1.3.jpg

You can change it around a bit if you like as long as you understand what you're doing.

I don't get any errors, because i hooked up a switch to disable the air suspension computer and stop the signal to info center when i play with the switches.

Basically:

All the wires to control the suspension are on the grey connector on the suspension/evo computer which is located on the right side of the passenger footwell.

Pins 14-17 go to the wheel solenoids. Applying 12 volts to these wires opens the solenoids at each wheel. They can be controlled individually.

Pin 18 is for the compressor. Grounding this wire turns on the compressor. Hence the relay. You apply 12v to the relay, the relay grounds pin 18.

Pin 30 is the vent solenoid. Energize this wire and the vent solenoid opens.

Pin 11 goes to the suspension switch. Pin 12 goes to the info center. Cut both of these and wire a DPST (dual pole, single throw) switch in there. Shut the switch off and it simultaneously cuts the power to the air suspension portion of the computer and disables the "check air ride" message on the info center without giving you the "air ride off" message either.

Apply power to pins 14-17 and 30, the car goes down. Apply power to pins 14-17 and ground pin 18, the car goes up. In practice, you want to do one axle at a time because if you open all 4 at once the weight of the engine will force the air out of the front and into the back bags, so the front will go down and the back will come up.

Back