Time for new front hubs?

maxmk8

Registered
I have approximately 130k on my 96 Mark VIII. The problem I am experiencing is a high pitched metallic squealing sound when I am making a left turn (U turn) and the steering wheel is all the way to the left. I have 13 inch cobra brakes and rotors up front so this may be part of the problem. I installed the brakes approximately 15k miles ago and I noticed this noise first about 3k miles ago (since it only occurs on extreme left turns). The noise is very loud, so It has me worried. If anyone has 13 inch cobra rotors and it is just the rotor grinding against part of the suspension at a complete turn, I will just ignore it and not make extreme turns. But I am scarred since this may be a sign of a ball joint going bad. I have had my front end inspected independently 3 times in the past 15k miles with no one seeing any kind of problem. The wheels feel very solid and do not budge when I try to shake them by hand.
Let me know what you guys think it is time to swap the hubs? Also what is the cost for a new hub?

Back