Alignment spec.'s?

MrHorsepower

Registered
Alright, I'm looking for the Mo' Betta', double throw down, best handling alignment spec.'s. Keep in mind that I like the winedy roads and I have Addco's and uerethane coming.-Dave

RE: Alignment spec.'s?

Stock, for the most part.

From TCCOA tech pages:

Front Camber -1.3* Range min -1.3............+0.3 max

Front Caster +5.5* Range min +4.8............+6.3 max

Front Toe -0.03* Range min -0.03........+0.10 max

Rear Camber -1.0* Range min -1.0.........+0.0 max

Rear Toe -0.03* Range min -0.03......+0.19 max

*Preferred settings for aggressive handling

Myself, i wouldn't get so aggressive with the toe, leave a little toe-in. Caster and camber looks good.

Oh, and good luck finding a shop that will even take the time to get it in spec, let alone exactly where you want it.

I wish i could get my hands on a machine to do it myself. It's damn hard to find someone willing to take the time to do it right. Hell, i'd take it to a shop and pay to get it done, then send the guy on a break and do it myself if i could.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I wish i could get my hands on a machine to do it myself. It's damn hard to find someone willing to take the time to do it right. Hell, i'd take it to a shop and pay to get it done, then send the guy on a break and do it myself if i could.
[/div]

When I lived in metro Detroit, I took my cars to Slim's. They were good to me, very fussy, and they build cool hot rods too. I lived across the street from the shop owner many years ago in Warren. Located Gratiot & 10 mile. They have been there forever.

Slim's Alignment & Hotrod Shop
16930 E 10 Mile Rd
Eastpointe, MI 48021-3341
(586) 775-7765

I've got (and always have had) a problem with the steering wheel not returning to center. From what I've heard, caster settings can sometimes correct it to a degree. Which end of the range would be best?

Set the caster to the max, about 5.5 to get a faster return to center. The only downside is it requires a little more steering effort.

Last alignment i had, they didn't swing the caster again after they adjusted camber. I'm sure i have waaay too much caster. It returns to center very well, but when i hit a bump mid corner the steering wheel is pulled violently toward "straight".

I had my alignment done at Slim's shop couple years ago. After I lowered my 95, I took it there. First, the owner said there is camber adjustment on the car, then finally got it done and it drove ok. Nothing to write home about though. They come recommended by tirerack, but I don't know.

The last car I took to Slim's, was my fox body Merc when it had the shakes. They spent alot of time on it, and were able to fix the problem. I never took the Mark there. I purchased the Mark while living here in Atlanta. I would say they are better than the usual tire stores, as there are not many shops out there that have alignment as their main business.

Back