Module VIII pics?

Fro99

Registered
dose anyone have pics of where the have intsalled the adjusting knobs for the module 8? i would like to see :)

and if you have it installed right next to the traction control button could you include pics of how you got it installed there or an explanation because that is how the guy did it on the site but i can seem to fuigure it out ::wtf::

Thx.......

RE: Module VIII pics?

I just removed my console and threaded the potentiometer through the dash up to the area next to the traction control switch area.

Then I drilled a hole through the plastic, just big enough to hold the potentiometer in place.

I hated drilling into it, but I wanted it to be handy. If I ever get the original 94 wood trim that I want, I'm thinking about mounting it somewhere else.

The knob is ugly (I need to find a smaller black one) but that's all that Radio Shack had on hand at the time.

Here's a photo

http://www.mark8.org/users/billcu/knob.jpg

I made a metal plate and mounted it in my ash tray, looks nice. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow for you.

I'd like to see that too. I was thinking about using my console because the ash tray is where I mount my cigarette butts..:(

One is a "stealth switch", I have it relayed to turn off ALL exterrior lighting. I mean ALL, not one light is on including brakes. The other is to reset the air ride in case I raise or lower it too much. I noticed in the pic the switches look way off center but it's just the angle I took the pic at.

#1 Why are you so nosy? And what are you implying? ::nono::
#2 I don't have anything planned. After having a run in with some dunk lunatic that followed me for miles, nearly crashed into me, and threw beer bottles at my car I installed this. Haven't used it yet but it would help escaping some nut case again. If they can't see you they can't follow you.

::wtf::
could you point me in the direction of where u found those knobs and switches and how you installed those 2 switches :7
also is possible to make that switch do all interior lighting...and where do u guys put the fine rear adjust(module8 comes with 2 knobns right)?

I found the knob at radio shack, if they don't have any like I have (which I'm sure they still do), let me know because I have a few extra. I had to buy a package of 6. The other two switches I got at radio shack too. I put the main module behind the glove box, although I did have to extend the 10k pot wires. To do a switch for all interrior lights just get a schematic for all the interrior lights and what feeds them and buy a relay. Have the switch control the relay and in turn that will control the lights. You can get fancy with it but that's the basics. Do some reading and you will see it's very simple. Also make sure you get a relay that's normally on and you feed power to turn it off, otherwise you will always be drawing power even when the car is off in order to have the lights able to turn on. I don't know how clear that is but it points you in the right direction anyway. BE CAREFULL!!! If you don't completely understand what you need to do don't do it, you can damage your car's electrical system.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
#1 Why are you so nosy? And what are you implying? ::nono:: #2 I don't have anything planned. [/div]OK, I didn't mean anything by my question, it was just a poor attempt at being funny I guess. But I do remember doing something similar years ago for similar reasons. :)

OO ok, misunderstanding, no prob man. I thought you were getting on my case about it. I've been accused of possibly using it for other things by other people.....I'm just sick of hearing it, nothing personal. It does work well though. I've had friends get behind me and then I turned out the lights and took off and turned and they couldn't see where I went at all. Anyway, the module 8 ROCKS!!!! haha

On the Module VIII, can you independantly adjust each corner? ::roll::

Not the way henri is making it. Although it does allow you to fine tune the rear hight, which is really a nice feature. I guess the fronts are easy enough to adjust with the slotted bracket. I love the module 8, it's such a nice toy to have. Slam it or raise the car up. It's especially nice where there is a few inches of snow or I want to lift up the car up the car to put a jack under it.

Wasn't there one with slide potentiometers? Maybe that was an early version of the Module VIII?

I just think it would be killer to be able to independantly adjust each corner. Of course I guess you could do the Kale mod.

I know it's possible. Maby you could e-mail henri about it. I'm pretty sure all this module does is add or subtract a dc offset to the sensor signal. You could potentially buy 2 module 8's and wire the two fronts independantly, and wire the rear sensor to only module. Or your could buy three and controll all three signals independantly. Although you would have to buy slide 10k pots, and keeping the two fronts at the same height may be difficult. Although it would be very cool.

The first photo of the module that I saw had a slide potentiometer. I think it was the prototype.

I was actually thinking about doing the Kale mod also, and have the best of both worlds. I'm not sure when I'd need it though. Maybe if I put bigger tires on the rear.

The module does have a rear fine tuning potentiometer, but I'm not sure what the limits are.

Actually i was thinking of 'preloading' the suspension for the best launches at the drag strip. To do it right, the front would need to be the same on both sides(I think) while different in the rear corner to corner. ::roll::

Back