alternator died now car slammed

93 blkmarkviii

Registered
Hi all,

I am hoping that somebody has experienced what I just did and knows how to fix it. My car has had the check air system on for a month or so. I turned it off a month ago and rode with it turned off and everything was fine until the other night while I was driving home. While driving home, my alternator up and died. It was completely shot as when we jumped it and pulled the cables the car immediately died. As it was dying, the car went into a slammed position with the nose all the way down and the rear up fully. I thought that once I fixed the alternator it would cycle itself and correct the problem. It did not. I turned the air suspension back on and still nothing. The air suspension did work prior to me shutting it off but one of the bags has a leak so it would give me a code after driving for a while.

Now the car is stuck in this slammed position and is a PITA to drive as it bounces all over the place. Looks bad, drives worse. Anybody know a fix for this or what might have happened.

thanks

Scott

RE: alternator died now car slammed

I’m assuming the compressor cannot air up the struts or stays off. Fuse OK?

More than likely the slow bag leak slowly killed the compressor. The alternator might have been taken out by the compressor's dying gasp.

RE: alternator died now car slammed

Would this still happen with the Air suspension turned off??

This makes sense as I believe that the suspension slammed just before the alternator died. I will check fuses to see if that is it and hope for the best.

Back