How to raise air ride after driving up steep hill, and suggestions for driving in snow

tolik

Registered
How to raise air ride after driving up steep hill, and suggestions for driving in snow

I have a few questions about this air ride.

I replaced the front shocks a thousand miles ago, it's been running great since.

My driveway is a very steep 300 ft up a hill. By the time I get to the top of the hill, the car is always sitting pretty low, and near the top of the incline there is a small speed bump (actually a bump for water to roll down). The problem is that the car is so low that it sometimes scrapes the undercarriage. Any ideas on how to raise it before going over the bump?

Second question relating to snow: can someone point me to a thread with general suggestions, or post them here if you have any, since I think that letting the air ride go down even a bit in snow probably isn't a grand idea? Thanks :)

1994 Mark VIII. 47000 miles.
Pictures: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tolikphoto@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/ae47

RE: How to raise air ride after driving up steep hill, and suggestions for driving in snow

RE: How to raise air ride after driving up steep hill, and suggestions for driving in snow

You should be able to adjust the height sensors.

It shouldn't lower enough while you're driving it to cause a problem.

If you shut off the air ride, does the car leak all the way down overnight?

If your driveway is a problem, you can install switches to control the suspension and just raise it yourself when you get to the driveway. or you can install a "module 8" and adjust the height manually. Or you can adjust the height sensors, but that will cause the car to ride higher all the time.

See the other threads in this section

Back