rear shocks sensor on top of shocks??? 93

pyle

Registered
i have discovered a sensor or something that i think is supose to sit on top of the rear shocks inside the trunk on my 93 i need any info on these one was not even on the shock are they suppose to lock on there or just sit on top?????? any info would help 93 mark v111 \
thanks

RE: rear shocks sensor on top of shocks??? 93

That's a 93 and early 94 only thing. The rear shocks automatically adjust themselves, the firmness changes to prevent too much dive or squat.

they clip on there somehow. there should be a bracket thing that is on top of there, the actuator clips onto that somehow. Sorry, it's been a long time since i sold my '94.

Squeeze on the two plastic "ears" that are across the sensor, near the vertical middle and pull up.

To replace it, center the sensor and push down until it clicks.

If the shocks are are not original or replacement 93-94 ford shocks, then the actuators will not work. Other shocks do not have the anti-dive feature. Just leave the actuator off(as it was) if the current shocks are not direct oem replacments (or original). You may want to tape over any exposed eletrical contacts, as they are still receiving signals to actuate.

Jeff

Back