I've got another air ride question

Alowishus

Registered
Well it seems the pump is gone, in the 90 seconds when you start the car all the lights flicker and dim with the sound of the pump pumping xo like it's shorting out (can even hear it in my subs??) and the car does not raise, then of course the "check air..." come on.
So I assume the pump is bad, I didn't have any other issues w/ the air ride until now, so I don't think I have any leaks..... ::wtf::
Well the question is the back end is SLAMMED (a couple of my friens love the look) nothing is rubbing but I have to drive the car to work; other then the crappy ride will driving it like this hurt anything? With the back slammed does that throw off the position of the back tire? It seems the tires are toed inward a bit in the front, if you know what I mean, other then uneven wear is that bad?

What am I looking at for a new/refrub'ed pump? I'll be doing it myself and trying like hell not to screw anything else up while I under their.

Thanks guys, I grabbed the link to the removal and install from another thread, just glad I don't have to remove the front bumper. ::nono::

RE: I've got another air ride question

Since the suspension is at the extreme limit of travel, it will wear the tires abnormally. Short term should pose no extreme risk.

Watch out for potholes. Hit something too hard and you can bend stuff. You end up with much higher forces going into the suspension.

I've got to admit, I'm getting a lot of looks w/ the car slammmed like it is. One guy I saw today as I passed, I could read his mouth say "whoa, damn" as he cranked his head around to see me drive by. Too bad I need a kidney belt just to drive to the store. It only goes about 6 miles round trip a day, but still it's a shaky ride!!

Like i said, be careful.

You can seriously bend stuff. like the frame. Or rather the stamped "frame rail" parts of the unibody.

I see people in quetto-ass cars driving around with the air ride blown out every now and then. saw one not long ago that was bouncing so hard on the highway that sparks were flying.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
saw one not long ago that was bouncing so hard on the highway that sparks were flying.
[/div]

That was me!!! }(

No I don't go over 45 if I can help it, everyone behind me all pissed off ::uh:: ; I just have to pick up my son mon-fri, otherwise it doesn't leave the carport. The good thing is there's so much traffic you can hardly get over 25mph on the way back.

Back