message center ok's it?

4.6powa

Registered
i changed my leaky dryer and the car goes up, fine now. the message center says everything is fine. after a couple of days the car drops in the front. start the car it rises, and everything is fine. why does the message center say everything is fine? im guessing because the pump up stage, doesnt exceed the 90 second givin time period?

RE: message center ok's it?

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
... why does the message center say everything is fine? im guessing because the pump up stage, doesnt exceed the 90 second givin time period?
[/div]

Exactly.

If you want to see if the bags are leaking, when you turn key off, open trunk and shut off switch for air system. (left side under cover)If it leaks down over weekend, 1 or more bags are leaking.Bud Pytko'97 LSC Silver Frost'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige'94 Prowler 5th Wheelhttp://www.mark8.org/users/budpytko/BudPytko97LSC.JPG
[/div]

o. i forgot to add that. yesterday i shut the switch off and i meant to say that to see what it would do today. i got home a little while ago and the car is still at the same height. doesnt have an indication of dropping. so i guess it isnt the bags. ill leave it off for another day or two just to make sure. i know at least 1 bag was recently replaced. so what would it be? leaky solonoid? thecar dropped with the leaky dryer after a couple of days too and i fixed that. the solinoid valves should have stopped the air from travelling back into the compressor right? so with a leaky dryer the car shouldnt have dropped until the solonoid valves opened, correct?

hope i clarified this enough.

i will probably let it be for now anyway. i can wait the extra 30 seconds if i need to.

would any harm be done if i just left the air ride switch off?

The solenoids can leak to the outside at the solenoid "O"-ring seal.

right, but if this was the case it would leak even with the switch off, correct?

i dont understand why if the switch was off, the car wouldnt drop. it doesnt keep pressure in the lines does it?

you probably have a leak up front somewhere. sometimes they're wierd, they'll leak sometimes but not other times. often the leak will be near where the bag rolls over on the bottom of the strut, and in certain positions the leak will not be exposed.

If you replaced one front strut, i'd suggest replacing the other and putting new o-rings on the solenoids on both.

you probably have a leak up front somewhere. sometimes they're wierd, they'll leak sometimes but not other times. often the leak will be near where the bag rolls over on the bottom of the strut, and in certain positions the leak will not be exposed.If you replaced one front strut, i'd suggest replacing the other and putting new o-rings on the solenoids on both.
[/div]

What sleeper said.

To make sure that you test for leaks at the bag folds, turn the switch in the trunk off, only after you are sure the car has vented to curb height.

well, this time i let the car vent, and it did drop overnight. so i guess have a leak

1 more thing.

will there be any problems if i leaft the air suspension off? then again this probably wouldnt work since driving over bumpa would make it leak, and there would be no compressor to compensate.

so how long do u guys think i have before my leaking bag is then unuseable?

Not long

wait too long to fix it and you'll need to replace the compressor too.

Back