rear shock adjusters

7 sek mark

Registered
Has anyone tried to do anything with them? Like has anyone tried to wire them into a switch or knob to control the damping in the rear?

RE: rear shock adjusters

I removed them...the anti-dive feature helps, but only if the rear shocks are not worn.

BTW, the anti-dive rear shocks were only available in 93-94 Mark VIII's...Lincoln switched to a dual action shock in 95, which took care of the anti-dive issues they suffered in 93-94.

Most of today's conventional shocks already feature a dual action/valving design to prevent nose diving....the Monroe Sensatrac for a 92-97 T-Bird is one such product, and at $25 each, you cant go wrong.

Assuming my rear shocks are worn after 13 years and 117,000 miles, would any type of adjustable 'drag shock' be worth considering? If so, at what cost to maintaining it streetable? ::uh::

JP...you see Thomas A's group purchase on QA1 drag coil overs?
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75376
now THAT's a nice investment...only trouble is...you'd be called "boingy".

as for your rear shocks...you're probably better off with 117k milers back there...I am sure they have lost most of their compression/rebound, which is good.

90/10's would be a nice find...that way weight transfers instantly(squats) but the rebound is slowed, so the transfer is extended...which promotes traction and launch.

Nah, I'm not ready for divesture of the air ride, just looking to supplement the launch setup at the track.

I hope to actually play with the air-ride setup in experimenting with pre-loading the suspension at the track. }(

Back