Question on Cobra hub conversion. Ready to convert.

Sierra3

Registered
Ok, this is driving me crazy the last 4 months or so picking slicks for the car. Every slick ive seen that i wanted is made for 15" rim. Also been battling in head with a fight over to Go with the 16" Hoosiers for the stock linc rims? but want to stay with the MT drags..what to mount them on? Get rim stock 20 spokes split and rewelded wider for a 10" slick? i wanted to have the slicks mounted on Weld racing lighweight 5 stars. But of course they dont make one in 4 1/4"
And finally what size battle for the 4 chrome street tires Cobra R 5 stars that i am going to put on? keep the 4 1/4's or switch out to the 4.5 stock mustang hubs.

Decision made. I'm going to do the cobra hub conversion. This will end all my problems.
I tried the search engine in all top 3 sites. Found nothing and i distinctly remember reading old peoples posts which i saved to my old hard drive for this particular time when i was ready to convert. Upgraded to a bigger 250Gig harddrive and havent dragged over all old goodies from old drive yet to this one.
Can somone please post pics of thier conversion and links and part numbers of exactly what I'll need to order to make this happen? I don't want to get in middle of project and have car layed up waiting on a little part comming in from california or something. I want to have a big pile of parts all ready to go sitting in boxes on my deck and do it all at once in the driveway.
And finally i know the Cobras had 10" rears only rims and 17 X 9's up front. This is what i want if they will fit. I will then slap some sliks on the factory two rear 20 spokes i will have widened to 10 inches or order just two weld 5 star rears at 15" for the 4.5 hubs that i already know they make which ever is cheaper.
Then i can run the 15" MT Drags and i can run the 4 chrome Cobra R 5 stars i want in 17X9 for the street for half the cost of getting the chrome ones made for the Lincoln 4 1/4" bolt pattern.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

RE: Question on Cobra hub conversion. Ready to convert.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Ok, this is driving me crazy the last 4 months or so picking slicks for the car. Every slick ive seen that i wanted is made for 15" rim. Also been battling in head with a fight over to Go with the 16" Hoosiers for the stock linc rims? but want to stay with the MT drags..what to mount them on? Get rim stock 20 spokes split and rewelded wider for a 10" slick? i wanted to have the slicks mounted on Weld racing lighweight 5 stars. But of course they dont make one in 4 1/4" And finally what size battle for the 4 chrome street tires Cobra R 5 stars that i am going to put on? keep the 4 1/4's or switch out to the 4.5 stock mustang hubs. Decision made. I'm going to do the cobra hub conversion. This will end all my problems.I tried the search engine in all top 3 sites. Found nothing and i distinctly remember reading old peoples posts which i saved to my old hard drive for this particular time when i was ready to convert. Upgraded to a bigger 250Gig harddrive and havent dragged over all old goodies from old drive yet to this one. Can somone please post pics of thier conversion and links and part numbers of exactly what I'll need to order to make this happen? I don't want to get in middle of project and have car layed up waiting on a little part comming in from california or something. I want to have a big pile of parts all ready to go sitting in boxes on my deck and do it all at once in the driveway. And finally i know the Cobras had 10" rears only rims and 17 X 9's up front. This is what i want if they will fit. I will then slap some sliks on the factory two rear 20 spokes i will have widened to 10 inches or order just two weld 5 star rears at 15" for the 4.5 hubs that i already know they make which ever is cheaper. Then i can run the 15" MT Drags and i can run the 4 chrome Cobra R 5 stars i want in 17X9 for the street for half the cost of getting the chrome ones made for the Lincoln 4 1/4" bolt pattern. 1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U 2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR
[/div]

Bill at supercoupeperformance.com not only knows all of the parts you'll need, but he can get them for you also.

RE: Question on Cobra hub conversion. Ready to convert.

Thank you. I'll give Bill a call. I didn't know he had all those parts too. Cool. Thanks Wayne. ;)

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

Back