94 Mark 8 - shock replacement

jrm94mark8

Registered
Hello,

My left rear shock is blown and I need to replace it. I am having trouble locating the shock mount kit/part numbers. I've looked on www.fordpartsnetwork.com but it seems to be down or has changed to http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213787

The page navigation seems to be just like FPN used to be. If I look up my shock I get to http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...r=1994&graphicID=FFP090&callout=1&catalogid=1
which shows the shock and most of the rear components. They are numbered but I'm a novice and don't know what part the mounts are? I called them and they weren't much help. A few questions.

1. Does anyone know if FPN is down and if this is the new site?
2. Is it OK to change 1 shock or should I do both?
3. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers?

Thanks-

RE: 94 Mark 8 - shock replacement

Ford Parts network is now Fast Parts Network.

I always do shocks in pairs, even if only one is required.

Search the forums here for alternative shocks to OEM.

The rear shock mount is a dealer only item, no aftermarket available. I paid $80 for a pair which I thought was robbery. Many have modified their worn out mounts with poly bushings. My shocks were still good.

mark

1. I recently replaced both rear shocks and mounts. The shocks were OE Motorcraft and the Mounts were also OE from Ford.

2. I agree that the price was way too high, but I am driving a Lincoln, not a Pinto.

3. I needed the shocks after 130,000 miles. However, the mounts were just fine. I replaced them anyway since I had already paid for them.

4. However, if you are looking for a lower cost replacement. I have been told that you can buy the shocks for a Cougar and/or T-Bird from Auto Zone. The American Suspension Guy says that there is someone out there that has mounts that will work with the T-Bird shocks.

5. If your budget is an issue, call the American Suspension Guy and he may be able to direct you to the correct mounts and shocks. ;)

Back