SAY NO TO DONUT!!!!

Stone17

Registered
I got my 4.10 gear with lsd and my driveshaft installed so I went to do a donut and when I left the parking lot it was hard to turn.I went home and there was power steering fluid leaking from the pressure hose where it bolt up to the pump.I was going to his shop yesterday and my car was shaking but the steering wheel was not shaking(If felt like it was windy out side).
I friend put the new pressure hose and flush the system out.He went for a test drive but it was not fixed.He dose not know what is up with the steering problem. The power steering pump makes noise and is hard to turn at low speed.

I need your help before I spend $300 on a new rack gear assy with installation?

SAY NO TO DONUT!!!!

RE: SAY NO TO DONUT!!!!

>Maybe there is some air in the system?

How do you get the air out of the system?

How can I fix the Variable Assist Steering?

I just jacked up the front end and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left and right for about five minutes. You don't want to go all the way to the stops though. If there is still bubbles in the fluid after that, you can use a hand vacuum pump to suck out the air.

There's a full procedure in the manual. Let me know if you need to do the vacuum step.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
>Maybe there is some air in the system?How do you get the air out of the system?How can I fix the Variable Assist Steering?
[/div]

Open the cover... turn the wheel from side to side a few times.

Do what they said.

then try a new pump

and your car needs to be punished for breaking. go and do more donuts with it. It might help to not hold the steering wheel hard over on the stops, i notice on my boat and on my land vehicles that when you hold it on the stops, the pump seems to work harder.

It might help to not hold the steering wheel hard over on the stops,
[/div]

that has an amazing familiar ring to it..huh Glen?

How can I fix the Variable Assist Steering?
[/div]

Might have something to do with that wire you cut to eliminate the "check air ride" message.

Remember, eddie/bluecollar said there was 1 correct wire to cut..but many of the other ones.. would make the module "dead".

Might want to re-connect "that wire" and see what result you get.

Got the pump installed and everything work.Thank Everyone!
Now I need to get a video of my car doing a donut }( .

... Now I need to get a video of my car doing a donut }( .
[/div]

Do it!!! }(

Noooooooooo!x( x( x( x( x( x(
[/div]

Maybe??? ::wtf::

Hey guys! .... just figured I'd throw my two cents in. As many of you know, it strains the pump when you hold the wheel at either stop. Take that into account when you are revving the engine high ( as you more than likely would in a donut) and the power steering pump is not only loaded, but spinning at a very high rpm, where it is not normally used at all, as in highway travel. That leads to blown p/s pumps. Just try not to hold the steering wheel locked all the way to one side during a donut, and you should be good to go! Hope I helped someone save a pump!

-Joe Michael

Back