Suncore Industries air struts wacky?

Hermj

Registered
Hi Guys

I need some help I purchased a set of air struts for my Mark VIII 1998
from Suncore industries they are in FLorida I am in So California. When the installer installed the first one the air bag was twisted I knew I had a defected part. Has anyone had any experience with this company anything good to say about it?
Anything bad to say about it?
I had to reinstall the old one so I am back to where I started I am going to send these back but I do not want anymore of their products can anyone lend a helping word on their experience with this company. The problem was the top mounting and the lower were tweeked about 1/2 inch from each other which caused the airbag to be twisted when installed. I took this to a dealer to install it was no back yard mechanic the dealer found the problem and alerted me. I still am out of labor costs.

Thanks anyone
Hermj

RE: Suncore Industries air struts wacky?

1. I have never purchased anything from Suncore. I cannot say their stuff is bad. However, their website says right up front that they sell "Remanufactured" air suspension parts.

2. Remanufactured dose not always mean bad. I have used many Reman parts for all of my vehicles over the years.

3. However, when it comes to Mark VIII suspension parts, I would stick with new parts from either FOMOCO, Arnott, Inc.(also in Florida) or American Suspension. The last one may not be the correct name, but he is a member of this club and makes comments about the Mark VIII Air Ride System from time to time.

4. Too much can go wong with the Air Ride System in your Mark. I would buy new, not used parts. ;)

Thanks for the response from your message seems like I can still get new parts I will look into it . I was under the impression I could not get these new? I will look into your resources wish I had of waited because now Suncore is not calling me back about returning these they wanted to send me another passenger side but when I requested returning both of them then Jeanie had to talk with her supervisor and they are not calling me back.........Word to the wise fellas.............

American Air Suspension; all you need to know. STop buying inferior bags.

i have actuly had realy good luck my suncore bags

they were recomned to me by american air when they were no longer doing remaned bags or something like that

i had one with a bent mount and the overnighted the new bag to me

1. I have never purchased anything from Suncore. I cannot say their stuff is bad. However, their website says right up front that they sell "Remanufactured" air suspension parts.

2. Remanufactured dose not always mean bad. I have used many Reman parts for all of my vehicles over the years.

3. However, when it comes to Mark VIII suspension parts, I would stick with new parts from either FOMOCO, Arnott, Inc.(also in Florida) or American Suspension. The last one may not be the correct name, but he is a member of this club and makes comments about the Mark VIII Air Ride System from time to time.

4. Too much can go wong with the Air Ride System in your Mark. I would buy new, not used parts. ;)

I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth on this subject. I have replaced my front struts with Arnotts, and Strutmasters. I'm getting ready to do a complete job on the car again. DAMN. I see that there is NO such thing as NON-REBUILT items from either of these companys. THEY ARE rebuilt. New bags, paint, and the works, problem is the Interier shock seems to be the problem. Now, dont get me wrong, I support the products, I have installed them excuse my french, TOO many ****ing times over the last 7 years, and for the money,.... what do you want. If you want TRUE NEW parts your just going to have to go to the "stealership" and pay over $400.00 per strut. Bags leak, and that's what these companys do, is replace the bags, paint em' and ship them out to you. I plan on keeping my GEN1 1993 Mark until it's over 25 years old. I Love the car, and I love the Air Ride. But I am going to convert the system to NON air ride, for a bit and see how it holds up to these NYC streets and roads. Streets and potholes up here really beat the **** out of your car. If I lived anywhere else, maybe these replacement products would have lasted longer. But that's not the case.

Stay with American Air. Eddie can guide you thru your decisions as he is a concerned owner himself and has been serving the community for a number of years. Several years back he too handled Suncore, but their quality was faltering because the cores they were using were junk so he stopped selling them. He now sells the Ford Units as well as the less costly Arnott units which contain all new parts but have a different shock in them than OEM. In addition he sells Spring kits etc.

I bought a pair of front air struts from American Air Suspension that I believe came from Suncore (that's where the cores got shipped to). I never had a problem with them. They are still sitting in my shed. I converted to coils.

Back