NEW TROUBLES

93mark8rules

Registered
Hi guys Im back again with new problems. A few days ago I was complaining about the car riding to high and now ironically enough the compressor wont come on. I replaced both front struts and the compressor and drier a few days ago it worked good except the ride height sensors were set too high probably by the previous owner. Today I was down the shroe with a few friends and one of them wanted to have a cigarette so I waited because dad doesnt want anyone smoking in the car. During this time I sat on the hood the compressor started to run for a second becasue My weight made the car go down a little then my friend dropped his keys so i bent down to get them but he already got them and I sat back on the hood the compressor tried to run again for about a second then stopped now it wont run at all. I checked all the fuses I even tried another compressor but still nothing. I checked for power at the plug and have nothing, I ran the self test and all I hear is the vents open and close in the front and back then the compressor vent but no compressor. Does anyone know what happened? On the bright side I drove it back from Sea Side, Nj to Paramus, Nj and it didnt deflate on the way home.

RE: NEW TROUBLES

I forgot to tell you my senario that I love this car and my dad is getting frustrated with it (its his) becasue he has no faith in Ford after his cougar died at 116,000 and the lincoln has 169k so he thinks its junk and doesnt believe me that its built well and with proper maintinance will go another 100k my friend had 500k on his 95 town car with origonal bags, motor and trans. Plus that was used as an airport limo in NYC. So please help me I dont want him to get rid of the car!!

What plug did you check for power at?

Pin A (wire color BK/Y on my 94) on the air compressor relay plug should be 12 volts hot at all times. If it's not, check the fuse for it under the hood.

If pin A shows 12 volts, the relay might be bad.

I checked the plug that connects to the compressor, I also checked the fuse I think its the second 1 from thew top just under the coil fuse. Is that right?

The air compressor fuse is number 20, third from the top of the second row of fuses.

Are you getting a check air ride message? When the check air ride message is displayed, the system shuts down.

I'd try swapping the air compressor relay with the ABS relay (same part) to see if that's the problem. The ABS relay is under the left front fender behind the plastic inner fender.

Back