Who has what bar

flynfrog

Registered
Im gussing the clunkcing in my rear is the anti roll bar so i was going to throw and addco at it what size do most people use and what is your impression of it

also how well does it work with the stock front bar

and why im in there what shocks will fit id like to go to a stiffer aftermarket shock if possible

RE: Who has what arb

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Im gussing the clunkcing in my rear is the anti roll bar so i was going to throw and addco at it what size do most people use and what is your impression of it also how well does it work with the stock front bar and why im in there what shocks will fit id like to go to a stiffer aftermarket shock if possible
[/div]

Verify your problem first. The rear shock mounts is 90% of everyone's problem with "clunking" in the back. I've only heard of a few guys who have broken the sway bar.

If you are still going with a new sway bar, I've got 1.25" front and back. It works well in the city, but the ride is noticeably harsher. I assume it is even more so with the 1.375" bars.

my other driver is a slamed s10 you have no idea what harsh us x(

do it lead to massive oversteer this is my main worry i do a fair amount of auto cross with the boat but i also take long cross country trips with it too

ive also thought about making my own and making it adjustable

Cranking up rear roll stiffness will increase oversteer. If you go with the big one, change the front one also. I would suggest going up just one size.

I had a broken sway bar in my '94. It didn't clunk. The upper shock mounts clunk. And they're way cheaper and easier to replace.

i ussaly asume the worst when it invloves a funny noise that way im pleasently suprised when its not what i thought

ill do the shock mounts and probaly the shocks first

what konis (sp?) fit

you probably don't need the shocks.

they should fit with some modification, though.

BTW i edited the title of your first post so that it says "bar" and not "arb". Every time i see it I think "why the hell does he want to put an air locker in his lincoln?"

you probably don't need the shocks.they should fit with some modification, though.BTW i edited the title of your first post so that it says "bar" and not "arb". Every time i see it I think "why the hell does he want to put an air locker in his lincoln?"
[/div]

Anti roll bar ARB

totaly forgot about the air locker

im going to try to do a little R&R on my shock mount once my front end kit comes in

Ok...I run the Addco 1-1/4 rear bar. I also have a coil conversion(lowered). The bar did not add any stiffness, as I had the coils for almost a year before adding the bar. I did notice a sweet improvement in cornering, but absolutely NO change in comfort(good) during normal driving...it didnt take away any luxury...but it added a nice touch of handling.

I also use Monroe Sensatrac rear shocks...a perfect blend.

consider something VERY important...if you install a rear sway bar, your end links might need to be modified if you have sensor-lowered the car. They are supposed to ask you which end link kit you want when you order the bar...they did not ask me. When I installed the bar, the ends were facing UP HILL. This is wrong...you want the bar to be as horizontal as possible. I just cut the end links and sleeves down to modify the bar's rake, and the ride is perfect.

I am replacing my rear sensatracs with Cobra Bilsteins...I expect a nice, crisp response.

Ok...I run the Addco 1-1/4 rear bar. I also have a coil conversion(lowered). The bar did not add any stiffness, as I had the coils for almost a year before adding the bar. I did notice a sweet improvement in cornering, but absolutely NO change in comfort(good) during normal driving...it didnt take away any luxury...but it added a nice touch of handling.I also use Monroe Sensatrac rear shocks...a perfect blend.consider something VERY important...if you install a rear sway bar, your end links might need to be modified if you have sensor-lowered the car. They are supposed to ask you which end link kit you want when you order the bar...they did not ask me. When I installed the bar, the ends were facing UP HILL. This is wrong...you want the bar to be as horizontal as possible. I just cut the end links and sleeves down to modify the bar's rake, and the ride is perfect.I am replacing my rear sensatracs with Cobra Bilsteins...I expect a nice, crisp response.
[/div]

this is exactly what i wanted to know Thanks

I use and recommend the Addco 1 1/8" rear bar. It is plenty stiff. You don't want to get into an oversteer condition.

do you do much corner carving with it

on the other hand anything has to be better than stock :D

More rear roll stiffness will shift the handling balance toward oversteer. Go too far, that's a bad thing. Given that the car is set up for understeer from the factory, a slightly larger rear bar is a good thing.

i have ordered the 1 1/4 bar and its back ordered :(

but ill post a review once i get it on

`Just to add to what BlackiceLSC has said. I have the exact same setup and what he says is exactly my experience. No loss in highway "luxury" but definately feel a difference cornering. One note: You must add spacers between the swaybar bracket and the frame to make up for the size difference or the bushing WILL bind, gall, and eventually break the bracket. When the bracket breaks it will sound exactly like a broken shock mount when traveling straight or in one direction (unloaded or broken side). Craig has a drawing somewhere referencing this...bout 6 washers or so for your size. Maybe he will chime in again?

Danny
http://home.att.net/~ndoghouse/m8/ufosig.jpg
93 Opalescent/Med Opal "UFO"
74 F100(69 302 4bbl Edlbrk,hdrs,heads...)
66 Mercedes 230S

`Just to add to what BlackiceLSC has said. I have the exact same setup and what he says is exactly my experience. No loss in highway "luxury" but definately feel a difference cornering. One note: You must add spacers between the swaybar bracket and the frame to make up for the size difference or the bushing WILL bind, gall, and eventually break the bracket. When the bracket breaks it will sound exactly like a broken shock mount when traveling straight or in one direction (unloaded or broken side). Craig has a drawing somewhere referencing this...bout 6 washers or so for your size. Maybe he will chime in again? Dannyhttp://home.att.net/~ndoghouse/m8/ufosig.jpg93 Opalescent/Med Opal "UFO"74 F100(69 302 4bbl Edlbrk,hdrs,heads...) 66 Mercedes 230S
[/div]

Addco now ships the front sway bars with the required spacers.

Got the bar installed car feels amazing no loss of ride quailty but stay well planted in the conrer

i highly recomned the mod took 30 min to install

Good to hear. The 1-1/4 Addco stabilizer bar is on my list of suspension mods for the future. :)

Good to hear. The 1-1/4 Addco stabilizer bar is on my list of suspension mods for the future. :)
[/div]

Do the engine mounts at the same time if you haven't already done so. You'll need to drop the k-member in both instances, so hit two birds with one stone. MN12 sells the mounts. You'll also need two floor jacks for the job...one for the k-member and one for the engine.

Back