air compressor for 93

18holer

Registered
Hi everyone, I am having the same problem as 93mark8rules is having. I have no power to the red wire going to the compressor. Fuse in power box is ok and I just replaced the relay with a new one from five star, Max was great. My fronts are slammed, new struts last year, but I let the air out of both myself to see if I could get the compressor to come on. Backs are up and fine. I get the dreaded CHECK AIR RIDE message almost immediately when I turn on the key. I have tried to read up on past threads to see if I can figure it out. On bluecollars web I read about a hard fault, what is this and how can I find out if I have one. My compressor was replaced by bluecollar last year. I have just replaced the dryer also.
Any help would sure be appreciated.
Tom.

RE: air compressor for 93

If you already replaced the relay, I'd check for voltage at the relay plug. Pin A (wire color BK/Y on my 94) on the air compressor relay plug should be 12 volts hot at all times.

If that checks out, try cleaning the terminals and try to tighten them up and plug it back in and try it.

If that doesn't help maybe a ride height sensor is bad or out of range. I'd try jacking the front of the car up to an inch or so below normal ride height and see if that works.

Hi Bill thanks for the reply.
Ok here is what I have found. I have power to the A1 pin at the relay , I jacked the car up to various heights and still no compressor fire. I have tried to manually fire up the compressor and it works but will not pump up the front bags.
Is there something else that has to happen to let air into the bags?
If so what do I do next?
Tom.

Since you're getting the check air ride message, just running the compressor won't pump up the airsprings because the solenoid valves won't open when there is a fault. The whole system shuts down when the check air ride message appears.

Your problem might be in the height sensors, wiring, module, etc.

Eddie has a scan tool loaner program that should help you locate the problem.

See:

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/scan loaner.htm

Finally got to take my 93 to a nearby shop and hope they can pull some codes for me.
I will check back with them and then maybe someone could help me figure where to go next.
Tom.

Well the shop could not find the problem and could not get codes.
They worked three hours and did not charge me. Now my car is slammed all the way. Great!!

Sooo I guess the next move is to go to Eddie and try the loaner program. I purchased a compressor systema and spider setup from him
so he should have a history on me.

Any other ideas??
Tom.

Ok I tried another way. Took the car to the Ford dealership here in town and asked for them to pull the codes for me.
I got a phone call today and they said they cannot pull codes on a 93 cause it doesn't store these codes. What is going on here.
They say my module is bad, but I just replaced it with a new one form Fivestar in Arizona.

NOW WHAT???

Never mind---I replaced the relay switch not the module. Sooo
I now bought a new module from Fivestar and will replace it at home.
Is there anything I need to know to replace it other than just plugging it in?
Thanks--Tom.

I always disconnect the battery when I do anything electrical. You never know what might happen. It can't hurt.

Did the dealer say that the reason that they couldn't pull the codes was because the module was bad? I hope it's not just that they don't know what they are doing. I've never heard that a 93 doesn't store codes.

Final results--From my Ford dealership.
Module was bad and a front height sensor was bad.

Have ordered new replacements from Five Star and should get them soon.

Thanks for the tip on battery disconnect, I will sure enough do that.

Back