What is....

Alowishus

Registered
Well The dealership (god I love 'em) said about $1650 for the work to the car, and said I needed a compressor which I had already known, but said they needed to replace the "driver" also???

Is this the compressor relay, or a part I can get cheaper then the millions thier asking??

Of course they still don't know if any of the bags have leaks yet, so once the compressor is in then I'll get the REAL bill.

RE: What is....

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
but said they needed to replace the "driver" also???
[/div]

No, they really wanted to have YOU replaced. You must have really ticked them off.

I'm just kidding of course...we all know you're a great guy.

They were probably talking about the "DRIER" this is a DIY. Go and save yourself about $1000 by purchasing from the above mentioned vendor.

Thanks guys, yea I thought it was the dryer too, the guy left a message on the phone I couldn't understand. I told 'em I had my own or would get one and talked w/ Eddie and could have saved myself alot BUT I needed the car by Mon. and I couldn't get the parts here and installed by then so I called 'em back and said bend me over you got me xo

They did do it alittle under the quote but not much, I had other stuff done too. After driving the car slammed, now it feels like I'm driving a 4x4 w/ a lift kit.....really it's weird I sit so high now. I will be looking into one of the DIY ajustment kit, but I think the one from Turkey w/ the LED's is only for gen I's, not sure.

Off the top of your heads; whats the distance from bottom of the fender wall at the top and the top of a stock tire, in the front? I've got like 2" seems like the shocks are at max height.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks guys, yea I thought it was the dryer too, the guy left a message on the phone I couldn't understand. I told 'em I had my own or would get one and talked w/ Eddie and could have saved myself alot BUT I needed the car by Mon. and I couldn't get the parts here and installed by then so I called 'em back and said bend me over you got me xo They did do it alittle under the quote but not much, I had other stuff done too. After driving the car slammed, now it feels like I'm driving a 4x4 w/ a lift kit.....really it's weird I sit so high now. I will be looking into one of the DIY ajustment kit, but I think the one from Turkey w/ the LED's is only for gen I's, not sure. Off the top of your heads; whats the distance from bottom of the fender wall at the top and the top of a stock tire, in the front? I've got like 2" seems like the shocks are at max height. Thanks again guys.
[/div]

2" sounds about right. I've seen them pumped all the way up - there was about 5"-6" gap at that time.

Yea I was WAY off, it's about 4" if not more. I was just going by my memory, but I knew it seemed high. I can fit in my four fingers and have room.

Take the measurement from the fender lip, straight down to the 6 oclock position on the Wheel/Rim.

Tell us what that measurement reads.

That is the correct way to measure the height

Take the measurement from the fender lip, straight down to the 6 oclock position on the Wheel/Rim.Tell us what that measurement reads.That is the correct way to measure the height
[/div]

Stock tire & rim, car running; from the bottom lip of front divers fender to the bottom (6 o'clock) of the rim - little under 24".

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Take the measurement from the fender lip, straight down to the 6 oclock position on the Wheel/Rim.Tell us what that measurement reads.That is the correct way to measure the height[/div]Stock tire & rim, car running; from the bottom lip of front divers fender to the bottom (6 o'clock) of the rim - little under 24".
[/div]

That is the beauty of measuring your height in this manner, that it is totally independant of "stock tire or tire size in general".

Compared to your 24"

Tiffs car is 24.5
My car is 23.5
24" sounds like it's in the ball park.

Thanks guys, yea I thought it was the dryer too, the guy left a message on the phone I couldn't understand. I told 'em I had my own or would get one and talked w/ Eddie and could have saved myself alot BUT I needed the car by Mon. and I couldn't get the parts here and installed by then so I called 'em back and said bend me over you got me xo They did do it alittle under the quote but not much, I had other stuff done too. After driving the car slammed, now it feels like I'm driving a 4x4 w/ a lift kit.....really it's weird I sit so high now. I will be looking into one of the DIY ajustment kit, but I think the one from Turkey w/ the LED's is only for gen I's, not sure. Off the top of your heads; whats the distance from bottom of the fender wall at the top and the top of a stock tire, in the front? I've got like 2" seems like the shocks are at max height. Thanks again guys.
[/div]

1. I agree that the compressor replacement was a DIY job, but I understand that sometimes time is not an option.

2. As far as the ride height adjustment, it can be done at home if you have the tools and the patients.

3. Before you pay anyone for this service, check out the Shop Manual for the ride height adjustments. It is supposed to be done before any "four wheel" wheel alignment is performed.

4. The shop manual will give you the exact ride heights for each wheel and how to adjust.

5. A dealership should be able to perform the ride height adjustment and the wheel alignment for under $300.00.:)

Back