lowering 93 mark 8

lorzar

Registered
was wondering if or whats the best way to lower the mark 8 with lowing solenoids? or just get lowering conversion kit.

my air ride works fine except for a clunking noise from r/r.
i have 82,000 miles.

hygtfr.bmp.jpg

93 Mark 8

RE: lowering 93 mark 8

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
was wondering if or whats the best way to lower the mark 8 with lowing solenoids? or just get lowering conversion kit.my air ride works fine except for a clunking noise from r/r.i have 82,000 miles.
hygtfr.bmp.jpg
93 Mark 8
[/div]

Yes, lower the sensors. If you want to lower it more than 1", you'll need to move the entire bracket (via drilling), or modify the sensor slide so that the sensor can be adjusted even further. It is fairly involved, usually requiring an intermediate slide bracket.

As for your clunking, 90% chance it is a bad rear shock mount or two. You can easily check by climbing into the trunk and moving the lining material out of the way from the shock area. The original rubber in the shock mounts will be cracked by now. New shock mounts can be had for less than $50 a pair.

do they by chance make stiffer or a sport shock for the mark's?

93 mark 8

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
do they by chance make stiffer or a sport shock for the mark's?_____________________________________93 mark 8
[/div]

Not specifically for the Mark VIII, but some have installed Cobra Bilstein shocks. I have a set waiting to install.

Back