patch kit?

Kiwi843

Registered
finally after all this time i checked the airbag to find out where the leak was, turns out its a nice sized slit right around the middle. actually looks like someone took a knife and cut it.
i was wondering (since i cant afford a new bag right this second) if there is some kind of patch kit i could use for a temp fix?
something that would last a month or so, until i can get the guy that put the system on there replace it.
he wants about $360 to replace it. considering i just this past week got tags, paid insurance, and all that money draining stuff, not to mention yesterday i had to get a new water pump and thermostat, its going to be a little while before i can do that.
my back passenger side is starting to not rise now, about every other time i start the car, im told its because the pump is working overtime to fill the front over and over again?

RE: patch kit?

I am not aware of any patch kits that are designed for that application. I will tell you this though. If you do not fix it and continue to drive the vehicle, you will be purchasing a new compressor along with your air bag.

STOP DRIVING THE CAR NOW

you will ruin whatever is left of the car

if you drive with the bags flat you can and will destroy the ball joints bushings and possible the frame
Keep in mind it will cost around 1000 to have the front end rebuilt just from wear this does not incled the bags

you have told us that the compressor keeps running IT WILL BURN UP

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
STOP DRIVING THE CAR [/div]

i thought i said it, i havent been driving it, just starting it up and letting it run every coupla days. i havent had it on the road since about 4 days after i realized there was a leak.

Back