does anyone know anyone ...

Kiwi843

Registered
in maryland that will fix my air ride?
hoping to avoid going to a auto shop.
its gotten worse and i havent even drove it!
i havent driven it since the pump started complaining. and thats been about 2 or 3 weeks. about 4 days after i discovered the leak.
but i still go out and turn it on, run it for a few minutes every coupla days.
the pumps not working 90% of the time, someone said it was probably already near going, and the leak pushed it over the edge.
so now my car is about 3 or 4 inches off the ground and wont raise.
i dont want to have it towed, so im hoping to find someone who may be willing to come to where i live and fix it here if at all possible.
if anyone knows someone that lives in or near harford county maryland, that would be willing to replace a front strut assy and a compressor or a good auto shop that wont overcharge a girl :D can you please let me know?
i have to get it fixed, like yesterday.

RE: does anyone know anyone ...

You really should replace the front struts in pairs. Do you have the parts? A good source is www.americanairsuspension.com

It's not really a tough job, but sometimes the bottom strut bolt is a PITA. If you could spray the lower strut bolts with WD40 a few times before attempting removal, it helps.

I know some MD peeps, I'll ask around.

the cheapest i found was http://www.suncoreindustries.com/lincolnmark8.htm
are they ok?
almost have the money to get the parts, kinda difficult to do only working part-part-time! lol
thats the main reason i need this car back on the road, i have a job waiting for me right now, but they may get tired of waiting.
Kiwi

I have not had the experience of any suspension supplier, but when it comes to aftermarket air suspension components, I cannot recommend anyone but www.americanairsuspension.com. That has nothing to say of the others.

Good luck.

i tried to buy struts from american air suspension to no avail and i wont be trying to purchase anything else from there, i wont get into any of my details as they may be an isolated case of extremely poor customer service. I will however tell you that through my experience in purchasing air bags for my car, that i was told by american air suspention that they rebulid old struts with new bags. so the warranty they give you is on the bag and not the strut, the strut could have a large amount of mileage on it. the company i bought me airbags from is Arnot Industries. According to them they sell only new bags because it was getting hard to find cores that were worth rebuilding. their price is a little higher but they say they are selling new assemblies as opposed to a new bag on a old strut!
also you dont have to go through the hastle of a core charge and return shipping with Arnot. as far as the ride goes with the arnot parts seems to be a well built, well packaged product, with no noticable difference it the factory ride. i bought one last month from them when my passenger side strutt went bad (not the bag),
and i just got another one in today to replace the driver side because i liked the product.

remember opinions are like butts,
everyone has one and most of them stink!

too late already ordered it, and i emailed them asking how long it would take for delivery, never got an answer so emailed them again, still no answer, called and got a answering machine.
eeshh, can someone tell me how long it normally takes for it to arrive?

Back