changed my suspension, is there such a thing to reset the ride height?

minemarkstacy

Registered
changed old "strut", with new ones both sides, it seems to me the ride height is wrong and i hear the compressor but the car doesnt go up more then it already was at. is there such a thing as a ride height reset button? and what could be causing it to do that, it rides kinda rough or real bouncey over bumps. i am so confused if anyone can help i would be real thankful!!!

-stacy ::wtf::
oh and i also forgot to add, my systems check says check air ride suspension, which is funny because it is all new, and i unhooked battery and turn off and on the switch in the truck. was i susposed to reset something when we put in the new air ride? thanks

RE: changed my suspension, is there such a thing to reset the ride height?

I would guess that your ride height sensor needs to be adjusted.

When you say "new air ride", does that mean you changed the Air Ride Relay AND the Air Suspension Computer?

If not, and your recovering from "air ride problems", you probably have damaged either one or the other or both of those items.

Leaking bags wears the compressor out, which burns up the relay and sometimes trashes the computer as well.

both of these parts can be picked up pretty cheap at a salvage yard, so long as you dont "tell the guy the part is an AIR RIDE COMPUTER".

When you mention Air ride and computer in the same sentence, the parts guys automatically inflate the price.

It's just a "blue module down behind the glove box" and you dont know what it's for.. but you need one

$10-$20.00 easy as pie.

no i didnt change those items. im still having some problems and that might help it, the only problem will be finding a salvage yard that has a mark thats not pick over already and has the part. thank you very much -stacy

Back