suspensionmarkviii

candy

Registered
I'm new to this site, my 94 markviii's front air will only stay up when it chooses. The thing is I have found that when it does go down I hear a hissing noise, then it lowers. If I turn the car off and then on and it will rise and equal out in the rear and then the hissing starts and the front drops,Here's the tricky part, If I bounce on the front where it is hissing, the hissing stops and it equals out and I can drive it. Sometimes for days, others just hours.It always goes down in front after sitting for 12 or so hours, sometimes there is no problem, others I have to bounce on it. Got any ideas?? Maybe a valve or a sensor not making proper contact??

RE: suspensionmarkviii

That was my thought too. I was just hoping for an easier fix. I am going to go for the full transfer kit. do you recomand airamerica, I have read that they give the best support in installation.Any one else have good results with any other please let me know. Thanks for the reply silver fox. I to own an 89 f150 with 235,000 miles and still purrs also a 2005 f150 lariat crew cab loving the ride. My daught drives the 94 Lincoln, it has 130,000 miles. xo

RE: suspensionmarkviii

Welcome!

I personally would keep the air suspension but many have converted to coils and like it.

I would recommend American Air Suspension. They have coil conversion kits and they also sell rebuilt airsprings. Eddie is a great guy and he has great products for our cars. If you call the phone number, you will be talking to Eddie. He can answer any question you may have about your suspension. You can't beat personal service like that.

Here's his website:

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/

Back