Front Subframe Brace, first impressions

95blklsc

Registered
Today I had the front subframe braces put on that I bought from Bill at www.supercoupeperformance.com. I've got to say I wasn't sure how much of a differece I'd actually feel during everyday driving.

Well all those thoughts went right out the window less than 100 feet from the place I had weld in the mounting tab. I hit a patch of rough pavement and I immediately noticed that the car was more solid, it didn't seem as harsh when I hit it. After driving for a bit I feel that they definately strengthened up the very flexible frame. I also noticed that I don't seem to have the occational dash creeking, but remeber, I have only driven with these for about 15 minutes.

They are very easy to put in, you just need a welder to weld on a small mounting tab. The braces are an updated design from the picture you actually see on supercoupeperformance.com. You loose absolutely ZERO ground clearance. There is no interfearance with my 17x9 rims even with the wheels all the way over. For those concerned with weight, they are very light. I would estimate them to be around 5 lbs each.

Summary: Not the best bang for your buck, buy sway bars first, there is more dramatic differnce. Although the braces are definately reccomended, it's a noticible improvement.

RE: Front Subframe Brace, first impressions

I like the look of the second pair of front braces you have, I wonder how much more strength the second pair adds. Did you put the rear brace on too?

RE: Front Subframe Brace, first impressions

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Did you put the rear brace on too?
[/div]

The pinion brace, rear cover brace or the torsion brace? ;)

I have the rear torsion brace and the rear cover brace on the car but have not been able to get a pinion brace to clear the exhaust I have. I also had to modify the torsion brace to clear the exhaust. I currently possess a modified Cobra pinion brace to try to install the next time the car is on a lift.

I also have a rear shock tower brace to install. I'm hoping to incorporate it in a redo of the amps and sub in the trunk this winter.

I'm patiently waiting on some rear sub-frame connectors to complete the bracework on the chassis.

Back