Looking for objective test results for brake pads...

logres

Registered
I give up. I can't find any kind of testing, reviews, or comparisons of brake pads. I did find one site - JUSTNET - but they didn't look at any high performance brake pads.

I'd like to replace my pads, but I'm not sure with what.

No subjective comments, please...

RE: Looking for objective test results for brake pads...

I didn't look, but I recall Tire Rack doing some tests awhile back. Objective test results? That may be arguable.

Have you read the Stop Tech articles? They give you a good outline of what pads for which application. from there you will find a limited number of pads available for the Mark Vlll calipers and an expanded number of options for the Cobra Series of Calipers (if you go to the trouble and expense to change over your system).

Just curious, what did you decide to go with? If you are running stock brakes, there are not exactly a ton of choices to begin with. Metallic, Non-Mettallic, Organic and a few Ceramic pads. The rears have even less selection availible.

00 Mustang GT Vert
00 Silverado
94 Mark

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Just curious, what did you decide to go with? If you are running stock brakes, there are not exactly a ton of choices to begin with. Metallic, Non-Mettallic, Organic and a few Ceramic pads. The rears have even less selection availible.00 Mustang GT Vert00 Silverado94 Mark
[/div]

I eventually decided to go with EBC Greenstuff in the front and back since I've had those before. They are a lot better than the PF carbon metallic that I am running now. I'm tired of getting fade after only decreasing my speed by 30 mph. I never got fade with the Greenstuff.

I eventually decided to go with EBC Greenstuff in the front and back since I've had those before. They are a lot better than the PF carbon metallic that I am running now. I'm tired of getting fade after only decreasing my speed by 30 mph. I never got fade with the Greenstuff.
[/div]
How do you find the EBC's for dusting and cold braking performance?
Thanks,
Jon

http://www3.sympatico.ca/icarus.icarus/automotive/ilsc/ilsclogo.jpg

1994 Mark VIII

I'm not quite sure if there is any one type of pad that will hold up on the Mark. I feel the braking system was underated for the size and weight of the car and the pads always wear prematurely. I've had this problem no matter what type of pad I've used. The worst part of the brake system is the front caliper carriers which have been discontinued. The slide pins freeze up and I've had to drill and bore out the old pins only to have the problem reoccur.

What is the recommended type of pad from FORD?

1996 Mark VIII LSC

What is the recommended type of pad from FORD?1996 Mark VIII LSC
[/div]

Motorcraft. Usually non-metallic(organic) or semi-metallic.

How do you find the EBC's for dusting and cold braking performance?Thanks,Jon__________·Ï¢årµ§·http://www3.sympatico.ca/icarus.icarus/automotive/ilsc/ilsclogo.jpg1994 Mark VIII
[/div]

It dusts quite a bit, but I've found that if you wax the wheels, the dust will rinse off cleanly with a garden hose. The dusting is a compromise for better braking.

And cold performance is very good...even from the first stop.

I'm not quite sure if there is any one type of pad that will hold up on the Mark. I feel the braking system was underated for the size and weight of the car and the pads always wear prematurely. I've had this problem no matter what type of pad I've used. The worst part of the brake system is the front caliper carriers which have been discontinued. The slide pins freeze up and I've had to drill and bore out the old pins only to have the problem reoccur.
[/div]

I would agree with you. However I want to see if I can live with these pads before I drop $1500 on a brake system upgrade.

As for the pins, living in LA (with little rain fall) means one rarely runs into this problem here...though I've had to clean out those holes in the past because they've gotten "sticky".

Back