weird tire wear

Godhatesimports

Registered
the tires on my 95 are starting to wear on the outside and it was just aligned ive heard from someone it might be tie rods, but that doesnt make sense to me at all.

RE: weird tire wear

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
the tires on my 95 are starting to wear on the outside and it was just aligned ive heard from someone it might be tie rods, but that doesnt make sense to me at all.
[/div]

Aggressive cornering can do that. Assuming you are a normal driver, the tie rods can cause outside wear by pointing the wheels inwards.

Did you get an alignment sheet after your alignment was done? Just because an alignment was done, doesn't mean the guy that did it knew what he was doing. I've seen so called professionals adjust the toe first....then the camber. (camber affects toe big time on these cars) In other words, you can have the toe dead on the money, then adjust the camber. Depending on how much you adjust it, it'll affect the toe dramatically.

I had an alignment done at Sears once, and had to take the car back about 8 times before i ended up taking it somewhere else.

The "somewhere else" i found did a good job until the last time i went. The guy didn't swing the caster after adjusting the camber. The reading on the sheet was the exact same before and after despite a major camber change (i lowered the car) so i know he didn't check caster again. As a result the car had way too much caster, and i could tell when cornering hard at speed.

Back