Midlength headers!!! Have money? Want Headers?

Nightsky93VIII_

Registered
We need someone to test a new set up headers. They will get this first set at a discounted price of $425. You will need to give your car up to Kooks Custom Headers for a day or two and may need to pay for installation.
If you are interested please say so here and e-mail Bill Evanoff at sccoa@usa.net. He will set you up with the guys at Kooks. I was hoping to get in on this myself, but at this time I don't have the funds to have it all tested down here in Houston.

I look forward to having a set of my own eventually.

Thanks,
Mike

RE: Midlength headers!!! Have money? Want Headers?

I definitely want headers, but i don't have the money right now, esp for the install. Where is Kooks anyway?

I am interested, but I use my car as a daily driver - ~60 miles to and from work/day. Will headers effect the O2 sensors? What about emissions tests for NJ state inspection?

Brent

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~brenth/markviii/Brent's-Mark-VIII.jpg

The headers will have spots for O2's. It will be up to you if you want to add cats and O2's after that. If you want to pass emissions you have to have O2's after the cats if there are visual inspections. Otherwise, you can get a chip burned that will ignore the secondary O2's.

Well, can you keep the stock cats, or does that defeat the purpose of the headers? Sorry for all the questions....still debating this since its my daily driver.

Brent

stock cats won't work. The output of these headers is either 2 1/2" or 3". The stock cats are like 2"... If you get headers the rest of the sytem should be changed to 2 1/2" exhaust...

Yeah, I was going to get the cat-back exhaust from Geno soon - It's on order, I'm just worried about emmissions since its a daily driver. Thanks for your helpful advice.

Brent

has someone done this yet? I may be interested if no else has done it. I've been to their website and have heard about them before. do they believe these headers will have the same performance gain as the longtubes? let me know. I might just do this.

Pete, nysbadmk8, is supposed to go have this done. He is waiting for the guy that is heading this up to get back from vacation. I'm hoping he will keep up "tuned" on what is happening and the gains...

heyyyy tomarrow im heading over there to see if they can do this

Awesome,
Let us know how it goes.
Hope you have some recent time slips to compare things.. ;)

Mike

You guys can put me on the list for ordering a set once the logistics are worked out. Do you need a certain amount of orders before we can get some?

did you read Petes post? it sounds like they are not doing them for the mark 8.

what's the big deal ??? I spoke with Bill and he said it should be no problem ...

was that before or after he actually took a look at the car and see what it would entail? I don't have a clue how to do it but form the people that do, they say it's a nightmare install. I thought it was just our chasis but I've been to other mustang boards and the cobra guys complain about the same thing. one performance shop for mustangs said they INCREASED they're labor charge for cobra header installs to $800!!!

The install itself is no big deal, as long as they would fit. Bill said they can fabricate the 4V version of the headers for the 4.6 TBird with no problem, I'm just concerned with the steering knuckle and other stuff being in the way. As far as install goes, just drop the K-member and it's all there. Having done it numerous times, I have to say it looks scarier that it actually is. I will try to get a set over here and try to install them - but right now I'm awaiting Bill's response.

edit: does Tbird use a similar K-frame ??? I know the upper arm and spindles are the same, so is the steering rack etc. Thus, I'm thinking they might fit ... ???

Installation at Kooks is now COMPLETE....Great HP gains

Installation at Kooks is now COMPLETE....Great HP gains

This week we had the opportunity to work with a customer with a Mark VIII at Kooks and installed a set of the Kooks 3/4 length headers originally designed for the 4.6L Tbirds. THey fit with no modifications other than the EGR fitting. With a car in their shop, Kooks modified their jig to include the Lincoln EGR fitting, so that is no longer a problem.

The car was chassis dynoed before and after the installation. Originally it made 239 rear wheel HP. With the installation of our headers and a new exhaust, the car picked up 30 HP!! This was with no electronic tuning done at all.

If anyone has any questions, please call me at 513-697-6501 or email me at "sccoa@usa.net"

RE: Installation at Kooks is now COMPLETE....Great HP g

RE: Installation at Kooks is now COMPLETE....Great HP g

woohoo! Finally headers for the lincoln! (off the shelf that is, and i'm assuming at a somewhat reasonable price).

Back