EXUAST IDEA

LINCOLNBOY

Registered
i was thinking since i have to replace my cat(which is clogged) but i am going to gutt them instead, my exhuast idea is that gutting the cats w/ true daul pipes exiting to the stock mufllers. any one ever done this.

RE: EXUAST IDEA

I would get the 3rd cat taken out and go with different mufflers. The stock ones don't sound as nice.

it is just an idea plus i said get true dual, that means taken out the 3 and 4 and what ever other cats off. i might just do it any way. i have mufflers waiting for installment but just need some other components
:)

If you take off just the 3rd cat you will have true dual exhaust. You need to tie in just under the side cats and out to the mufflers.

The only problem I had was finding someone to cut the 3rd cat out.

I also had the resonator taken out.

Norm:
Any chance you can post a sound bite of your MarkVIII? I know, there I go encouraging him again...
:D

Norm:
Any chance you can post a sound bite of your MarkVIII? I know, there I go encouraging him again...
:D

I'll see if I can do that.

Click the link in my sig and check out my sound bytes. The resonator is gone but the cat is there. I know it isn't exactly what you are looking ofr, but I would imagine it would have a slihtly deeper growl. The mufflers are from LMS XpansionX.

That sounds great.I'm surprised you can get that sound with the cat still on. Mine has a different sound, it'a a lot louder. I do like the sound of your mufflers. I guess now I'll try those.

Hey Geno call me!

Norm - funny thing I wish they were little louder too. I had the resonater removed and it got a little louder. What set up are you running? Get that sound byte up online.

I'm running Flowmaster 40 series. No 3rd car and no resonator. If it stops raining I'll get a sound byte.

That's what i run on my car,gutted cats,resonator removed,2 pipes going back to stock mufflers.It sounds ok,but i'm going to change mufflers it's still too quiet.I dont want it to sound like a top fuel car but i would like more of a growl when all 32 valves are working.

Back