*removal of mufflers *

LINCOLNBOY

Registered
i went to my buddies house this saturday and he just bought a 74 z28 w/ a hi moded 350. after hearing is car i wanted to get my mufflers on but have to wait till after the begining of july(vegas trip) so i got an idea, removing the mufflers to hear what it sounds like w/out them on, so i got my brother compreesor and started unbolting the mufflers and the from behind the 4th cat. instant power sound. it is loud, o' especially also since my cats are gutted. no drone at all. sound alot louder doing 60..

RE: *removal of mufflers *

Remember, lay off the throttle when going past johnny law. They don't particularly like it when their fillings rattle.

A friend of mine recently cut the mufflers off his cougar. One of his mufflers was bad though, one of the baffles was rattling. It is now sickeningly loud. If he jumps on the throttle you can hear him from a long way away.

johnny law, i was behind one and i stayed way behind, i mean he switched lanes i was right behind him.

Always after you do something, it hits you. i did not think bout the exhuast heating up the gas tank. for you guys that have done it is it ok to run the car like this for bout a week.

yea sure while your at it.... can you comeover my place.. i have some toxic waste that needs to be cleaned up...

Quick answer. I would not drive the car like that...

Back