Dual glass packs to replace resonator

cragus

Registered
OK, I will probably catch some flak for this.

I think someone else may have tried it though. My idea would be to cut out the third cat and resonator, then throw two glass pack mufflers, a crossover and then two LMS XpansionX, or Magnaflow type mufflers.

My goal is to get a tough sound on acceleration, but understated rumble, a wee bit louder than stock cruising, and at idle. I think this setup would add some mellow bass growl. I don't like the blatty metallic sound on some muffler setups I have heard.

Craig

RE: Dual glass packs to replace resonator

You might want to try one of those mufflers with two inlets and two outlets instead. Glasspacks are, I won't mention it.

RE: Dual glass packs to replace resonator

I agree w/a Bill, someone either on this or the other site popsted about using an Edelbrock dual inlet/dual outlet muffler to replace the 3rd cat and resonator, then duals on out.

Wish I couild remember his name, but I even called him on phone,NY. His setup was more race oriented than I want, with 3" duals all the way, and no cats.

But the use of a dualinlet/outlet muffler would eliminate the need for x-pipes, and longer tail pipes after muffler usually sounds better and reduces drone problems.

I figure if it's too loud, you could always add mufflers in the original location, or perhaps use the Supertrapp that is made like an exhaust extension.

Back