Hello LOD forum from Missouri

lmcfxr

Registered
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and tell a little myself and the '94 Mark we own.

I'm Doug and have owned had the car for about 2yrs. It had 92K on it when we got it and paid $4200 for it. I want to thank the person who paid 40,000+ for it of the dealer.:p I got the original sticker for it at sale.

Ever since these cars came out in '93 I've wanted one. I just love the class and horsepower these babys' have.

Now for the expensive part of the story. Last September, the motor started vibrating badly at all engine rpms so I had the dealer check it out. Turns out a valve was stuck in the guide and made it miss. Didn't think one cylinder going down would make it vibrate like that!! Well he showed me the build up around the valve guides and said we needed the head replaced. Then he got back telling us the other head didn't look good either. Weighing options to replace one head and cross my fingers on the other, huh uh. Replacement charges for 2 heads wasn't much different than the whole motor. So we got the motor replaced twice.(1st one wouldn't stop smoking). Plus 2 new air bags for the back. So I had to go out and get a loan for that one. And I just paid the freaking note off!!!
5500 bucksx(

Now its in the shop again this time getting 2 new lower control arms new tie rods and other front end parts. $1000

It's been dissaponiting that it's took a big dump on me since I bought it but the way I look at it is, I got a brand new Lincoln MarkVIII for just under S11,000. At least it's new where it count eh?

I love barking 2nd for 20' at WOT. I love hitting 135 on a big open HWY. Its a fun car to drive and gets numerous compliments.

Oh did I tell ya I bought it for my wife. :7

RE: Hello LOD forum from Missouri

My god, $5500 on a motor for a $4000 car??? why? You could have gotten yourself a relatively new engine for around $1000 and another $1000-1500 for the swap. That is if you did decide to keep the car.

Now what exact from suspension components are getting changed??? the Lca's can be swapped for identical T bird LCAs at $50 a pop, so tie rods should not be more than $100 total either. So you're looking at $200 in parts... how are you getting charged $1000???

Oh btw and WELCOME!!! :7

I haven't had the car repaired yet but it is at the dealer waiting on money. You bring up a good point on the interchangable parts.
The guy at the dealership said the bushings can't be replaced in the LCA. Gotta get new ones. OK So the T-Birds have the same LCA's or the same front ends. New one to me.

The new motor and rear bags plus installation was the $5500. Not just the motor.

I'll get back with ya on the other front end parts they said needed replaced.

Oh and thanks for moving this post. I had intentions on an exhaust Q but punched this out.

Hi! If they have it this year, try to go to World Ford Challenge -- it's a lot of fun, and hopefully we'll have an even bigger group than last year!

I believe the LCAs come with the bushings. And the rear bags are about $100 each and an easy DIY.

Here is a copy and paste from rockauto.com You can also get 5% off.

MOOG Part # K80055
Frt Susp; Lower; RH; Incl. bushings [1 Required] {Control Arm w/Ball Joint} $52.79 $0.00 $52.79

Back