Anyone own a 98 LSC with a salvage title

LD97LSC

Registered
My 98 silverfrost LSC with 49k was stolen back in 2002 in Chicago. after I valet parked it I came back out of the bar at 2 a.m. and The valet guys had no idea what happened to it!! I was furious! Anyway I got a phone call four months later from Chicago P.D. saying they found my car in a apartment complex parking lot not far from where it was stolen, All intact and keys in ignition! Apparently the joyriders must have ditched it there the same night they stole it. Insurance had already paid me on it so they kept it and sold it at their auction. I am wondering if anyone on this board purchased it??? 98 mark LSC silverfrost, light graphite, chrome directionals, every option possible excluding phone.
Just wondering
thanks

RE: Anyone own a 98 LSC with a salvage title

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT BACK BUT THEY WANTED THE SAME AMOUNT THAT THEY PAID OUT FOR IT AND I DIDNT WANT A VEHICLE WITH A SALVAGE TITLE

THEY CONSIDER IT A SALVAGE IF IT IS NOT RECOVERED WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM WHEN IT WAS STOLEN.

yea as soon as the insurance company pays out it's a salvage in a lot of states. The state doesn't really care what the circumstances are, and they're the ones that issue the title. Insurance payout means salvage to them.

Back