what did they come with

Thepurelife

Registered
Looking at the 93 we are getting rid of and other 93s and seeing pics I see a few differences.Anyone know exactly where the options stickers are and what the cars came with? The rims on this cars are linclon but nicer then cars I see in the pictures online and it seems wider and the interior seems more custom.The car looks like it sets higher also.did they all come with 4 wheel disk brake and stuff like that is what I was looking to find out.Is there an aftermarket company for ford as chevy has slp is the a editon car made in 93?I know he looked at 40 or 50 cars(all mark 8s) before he got this one and from what I see they go for and what the dealer said he paid premium dollar for it.I am just trying to determin if this car has a bunch of options from edition car and if it would be best to part it out.What did the fullyloaded linclon come with and was there and slp type of limited car in 93 for the linclon and if so where do I look for verification of this?It has more leather then what I see on the other cars in the pictures whereas they have alot of plastic and just a leather dash and seats.This has leather everywhere and it seems like a more aerodynamic interior compaired to what I seeon the other cars .Just asking and if I am makeing a fool of myself sorry in advance.

RE: what did they come with

Purelife,

On the Home page of this site there are several links to answers to most of your questions. Esp. check out the FAQ link. It has scanned pages of the original '93 Lincoln Mark VIII brochure. Your friend MAY have a very modified version of this fine automobile. Problems now are that the resale value just isn't up to what most people have put into their cars. It also seems that there isn't the interest in the Mark as a collectors item, hence low resale value. It would be a shame to part out what you are describing tho...I'd give it my all to sell it whole.

Bud
Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/charlespytko/Lincoln/BudPytko97LSC.JPG

Thanks I read through it a bit.I paticularly noticed the section that had the piston change for the first to second gear issue in the transmission section.It sounds like it would be easy for a mechanic and it sure sounds like what could be the issue with this car just in the peliminary stages before the problem occures.Wish I was able to do it and what do those pistons cost and labor for that about?What would be a fair rait to have that piston service upgrade done?I am not sure it would increase the value though if I added the cost to have that done to what he wants for it plus the time and headache.
One thing I do not understand is these cars sold for around 40 and 50k and they dont hold very high equity.but they are nicer then alot of other luxury cars out there that do hold equity in the same price bracket.Is it this small car craze going on with the younger generation now that has driven the prices down on these cars?My mercedees cost the same as this car new and its only a couple years old?I think there is a big miscalculation in the value of the mark 8 series cars they should hold way more equity .They actually have a nicer ride but my monster stays tops to me sorry guys.Statis issue

My records show...

Qty. Item # Description Ext. Cost
1 F7AZ-7F251-AA Updated 1-2 accumulator piston $9.00
1 F75Z-7F284-AA Upper/Top Light Blue Spring $2.44
1 F7AZ-7F284-BA Lower/Bottom Purple Spring $22.91
1 F4AZ-7F247-A 1-2 Cover & seal $2.57
1 Transmission Filter $19.58
1 Gasket $9.86
$66.36

Mercon V and labor not included.

The gasket is reusable if not damaged. DO NOT use a cork gasket.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
My records show...Qty. Item # Description Ext. Cost 1 F7AZ-7F251-AA Updated 1-2 accumulator piston $9.00 1 F75Z-7F284-AA Upper/Top Light Blue Spring $2.44 1 F7AZ-7F284-BA Lower/Bottom Purple Spring $22.91 1 F4AZ-7F247-A 1-2 Cover & seal $2.57 1 Transmission Filter $19.58 1 Gasket $9.86 $66.36 Mercon V and labor not included.The gasket is reusable if not damaged. DO NOT use a cork gasket.
[/div]

Thanks .Ill get pics together and send them out to everyone who inquired.I am glad to see its not a major cost.The only way he would have kept it is to buy a new transmission but when he called they were all rebuilt ones and he could not buy a new one never used.He decided to buy another car instead that had the same features.If it becomes a issue to have done we would have it done at the dealer only but I think we have enough takers so far.I might invest and get a full diagnostic done to it I will call the dealer tommorow if they are open.Heck I should check it might be under warranty it was retailed at the dealer not sitting on a used car lot.It was a displayed with the new cars. He might have bought a warranty I should have thought of that.Yes it has some miles but it has no rust not even underneath not even on the mufflers.

Back