a little help...

BadSax

enjoys 3 martini lunches
Ok, so on my 98, there is, or I suppose was, this metal plate under the trunk that held these 2 things... anyway, the plate seems to have rusted completely away... so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the plate is called and maybe a part #, also what are the two little boxes that it holds up? They seem to have a lot of tubing coming and going from them.

Thanks!

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/images/loveit.gif -J
LOD - New England Member

--> www.ivotedblue.com www.airamericaradio.com
--> www.bradleyreport.net www.npr.org

RE: a little help...

I don't know what the plate is called or the part number for it.

The parts that it holds up are parts of the evaporative emissions system.
I'm not an expert but, this system puts the gas tank fumes into the engine where they can be burned.

Thingies, not "things" Joe. Please use the technical terms if you expect anyone to be able to help you! }(

That's right Joe, you don't want to drag your thingies down the street..:)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Don't know what the correct part name is for this plate/pan but mine is rusted to pieces also. My car has seen a salty road maybe 3 times in its life so these things must have been made of the chinciest steel available. Must be the same metal the oil pan on my Ford Truck was made out of. xo
There is not a spot of rust anywhere under the car but this plate thing is toast.
I'm hoping to find a good used one from the southern or western states and rustproof it before putting it on.

Oh boy. I better check my thingie.

Thanks for the head up. Anyone figure out what this piece is called and what part number it is?
Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

had mine up on a lift today for oil change and tire rotation.
My thingie is in great shape I am happy to report.
The part number stamped into mine is
F7LX9E857A and F7LX9xx65AC, the xx is unreadable from my phone cam pictures... email and I will send pics if you wish..

Rex
98 White Pearlescent LSC / 2004 Mysti Cobra Vert 1 of 495,
445.9 RWHP 417.9 RWTQ SAE Corrected
http://www.mark8.org/users/pvteye/98LSC032a.jpg

Could someone help me with a comprehensive description of the exact thingie location? I've got a tiny spot of rust on one of my license plate screws, so obviously my thingies are at risk!

(hangs head in shame, as he was part of the reliability team on the Mark VIII....)

Don't worry John, your 94 doesn't have that thingie.

It's a gen 2 (97-98) thingie.

I'm not sure about a 96 though, as that was a bit of a transition year.

Back