New (used)1994 Mark VIII, Need a couple of questions answered....

John Hubertz

Registered
I'm an ex Lincoln reliability engineer and finally realized my dream of buying a Mark VIII as a personal car.

My car has two issues - the cruise is inoperative, and the CD changer loads the discs but does not play. What are the most common causes for these concerns?

Garaged, dealer-serviced, 100,400 miles. Purchase price $3200 wholesale from a dealer friend. (Conservative Indiana used car dealers neither appreciate nor wish to understand luxury cars).

(prayer) Please lord.... let me move back to my Ol' Kentucky Home....

Anyone know what I should check first on these items? I don't have any personal diagnostic equipment and have been out of Ford Motor Company long enough to no longer have access to theirs. I have an analog volt-ohmeter...I think it is time to buy my own digital....

Thanks!

John

PS: Guess where I go to church!
post-13-1101389453.jpg

RE: New (used)1994 Mark VIII, Need a couple of questions answered....

If you can get hold of the electrical and vacuum manual, it has detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the cruise and test the switch assembly, brake pedal switch, and the brake pressure switch. If you check all of these and they are okay, the servo amplifier is what is left or the throttle cable. I am in the process of trying to do this. I think the only connector I need to unplug to check all of this is under the driver side fender liner where the servo amplifier is, but I am not sure at this point where it is.

Our main computer died and I am using my laptop which isn't connected to the scanner. There are about 4, maybe 6 pages of this manual that you need.

Back