Please help me with un educated ebayers...

Sierra3

Registered
I have noticed in almost if not all the ebay ads for Lincoln Mark 8 EATC units, they All seem to think they have "new updated version that has buttons that wont crack" They put it on the older style flat ones, and the newer 2nd gen rounded style. Or is this just a case of everyone jumping on the bandwagon and copy and pasting other peoples auctions words because the EATC went to some outragously high price for a previous desperate buyer?
Is there really an "old" style? I have the 1st gen style with flat buttons, and I keep seeing the 2nd gen version with more rounded buttons and a newer looking roll switch for blower motor. I think i remember reading on here that the newer 2nd gen style won't work with the older computers or there was a fitment issue, or am i wrong?
Can somone please shed some light on this once and for all? maybee with some pics? And start IMing these sellers. Everyone doesnt have the "newer updated version" if there ever was such an improvement. I personnaly have never heard of or seen a EATC unit with "cracked" or pushed in buttons and cant imaging anyone pushing them that hard to cause a cracked button.?????? :D

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

RE: Please help me with un educated ebayers...

Both of my 94's had badly cracked buttons when I bought them.

Here is how I understand it:

The 93 and 94 had the weak, squared, buttons.

In 95 they made the squared buttons stronger so they wouldn't crack.

In 96 they changed the EATC unit to the rounded buttons unit.

All the first gens (93-96) EATC units are interchangeable (I have a 96 unit in my red Mark).

The second gen units won't work in first gen cars. I think it has to do with the outside temp not working right.

RE: Please help me with un educated ebayers...

Thanks, You rock Bill.. :D And i can say i learned something new today.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

Back