Power door locks

Dave96lsc

Registered
Hi everyone , Just bought my first mark viii and the power door lock switches in the doors dont work or on the transmiter or the key pad I can open the trunk with the key pad I,ve tried searching but could not find any posts about this Thanks Dave.

RE: Power door locks

Checked all the fuses and they all seem ok Sorry about the double post on this had a little trouble logging on

If all door lock functions are inoperative, check the connections at the RKE(Remote Keyless Entry) module. Especially the ground(black wires). The module is in the trunk, on the drivers side behind the trunk liner.

ok I checked all the connections and they all seem good when I press the switch I can hear a click from rke but the locks dont move

B2 CHECK DOOR LOCK SWITCH LOCK INPUT

Gain access to driver door lock switch connector.

Using an ohmmeter connected to a known good ground, measure resistance at electronic door lock control processor connector Pins C3-2 and C3-16, Circuit 117 (PK/BK) as door lock switch is actuated to the lock position.

Is resistance 5 ohms or less?

http://mark8.org/users/driller/pics/RKE/RKE5.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your help. I ended up changing out the rke module in the trunk and it works good now except the passenger door lock actuator makes noise but it wont lock or unlock. how hard is that to replace?

If it makes noise, maybe there is something else wrong. Look inside at the latch and make sure all the rods are hooked up and look to see if the actuator is moving up and down when you hit the button.

If it is the actuator, they are a bit of a pain to replace. You need to drill out the big rivet that holds it in. You can see the rivet below the latch when you open the door (I just replaced my rivet with a big round top stove bolt). Then you need to disconnect the wire plug and fiddle with the actuator to get the rod disconnected.

Back