New engine is in

donlino

Registered
Finally finished up the car today. The engine fired right up, obviously I can not tell you how fast it is, gotta break in the engine first. Sorry for the short video, more to come later.
Mods:
Engine-manley h beams, .020 probes, stage 1 cams, Manley SS valves, comp springs. Cobra high volume pump
Tranny- t-45, fidanza flywheel, centerforce clutch
Exhaust-kooks 3/4 headers

other crap- solid engine mounts, flaming river rag joint, imrc delete, walbro 255 pump.

Just remember, 3 17 year old kids did this. Hopefully this is an inspiration to some of you. More mods and timeslips to come.
Edit: apparenly this site doesnt like links http://videos.streetfire.net/video/79886461-3CA1-4804-AE77-31D61EFCB75F.htm

RE: New engine is in

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Finally finished up the car today. The engine fired right up, obviously I can not tell you how fast it is, gotta break in the engine first. Sorry for the short video, more to come later.Mods:Engine-manley h beams, .020 probes, stage 1 cams, Manley SS valves, comp springs. Cobra high volume pumpTranny- t-45, fidanza flywheel, centerforce clutchExhaust-kooks 3/4 headersother crap- solid engine mounts, flaming river rag joint, imrc delete, walbro 255 pump. Just remember, 3 17 year old kids did this. Hopefully this is an inspiration to some of you. More mods and timeslips to come.Edit: apparenly this site doesnt like links http://videos.streetfire.net/video/79886461-3CA1-4804-AE77-31D61EFCB75F.htm
[/div]

Are you going to tune it?

What about an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Also, are you using the stock ignition system? Stock intake?

Sounds cool.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Finally finished up the car today. The engine fired right up, obviously I can not tell you how fast it is, gotta break in the engine first. Sorry for the short video, more to come later.Mods:Engine-manley h beams, .020 probes, stage 1 cams, Manley SS valves, comp springs. Cobra high volume pumpTranny- t-45, fidanza flywheel, centerforce clutchExhaust-kooks 3/4 headersother crap- solid engine mounts, flaming river rag joint, imrc delete, walbro 255 pump. Just remember, 3 17 year old kids did this. Hopefully this is an inspiration to some of you. More mods and timeslips to come.Edit: apparenly this site doesnt like links http://videos.streetfire.net/video/79886461-3CA1-4804-AE77-31D61EFCB75F.htm[/div]Are you going to tune it?What about an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Also, are you using the stock ignition system? Stock intake?Sounds cool.
[/div]

Yes, sometime in the future when we find a diablosport tuner. Stock FPR, MSD ignition, stock intake except IMRC deletes.

nice very nice I'm 19 and my friend who is also 19 helped me put a new motor in my 94. I'm looking at building up the blown motor i pulled out and putting it back in. How much do you think you have invested in that motor as it sets just in parts? I had no idea the stage 1 cams would sound like that that sounds bad arse way to go!

I believe the rods were $600, pistons $600, cams $800, rings, bearings, other nonsense was a couple hundred. The price is not bad, its labor that kills you. I would honestly feel confindent assembling any engine as long as I have the shop manual with clearances. Get the machine work done and assemble yourself. Only real issue is degreeing in 4 cams....

whose cams? im about to drop portd heads cobra intake and coms xe-r 278 cams in mine wondering if the specs are close

whose cams? im about to drop portd heads cobra intake and coms xe-r 278 cams in mine wondering if the specs are close
[/div]
they are custom stage 1 cams. specs are 450 lift in/ex, 215 duration at .050 in/ex, 112lsa
there regrinds with a custom valve extender, manley ss valves. im glad everyone likes it. its been a pain in the ass. im currently working on reworking the clutch pedal to fit the new cable i got. i still need to get it dyno tuned. ill post #'s as soon asa possible

oh and also those cams your looking at is advertised duration not @ .050 so in reality it will be less

Back