non-power seats

BABORACUS

Registered
hey, i was wondering if you guys know of any other cars that have seats that could possibly fit the mark 8. I'm trying to find a seat that isn't 60 lbs (preferably 20-30 actually) and none of this power garbage. If no one knows of anything I'll go to junkyards and try to find some seats then put a few welds here and there and we'll be set!! I'm talking some cheap seats, like 20 bucks for a set... not some racing seats for like 600 bucks. It'd be sweet to have manual windows too but well, practicality comes at a price sometimes!

RE: non-power seats

I have some seats out of a mazda something. I built some brackets and they fit just fine. I suggest getting a set of mark VIII seats and totally gutting the electricals out of them and welding them up. With all the electrics out of them they only weight 22lbs. The mazda seats I have weight 16lbs a piece with the brackets. Typical >500$ racing seats weight 16-18lbs a piece, higher end corbeau or Sparco seats can dip down in to the 12lb a piece realm. With the 5 point harness you are not going anywhere with either seat.

RE: non-power seats

oh man, don't tell me you got good seats out of a 323 (I just junked my old one!!!!!) what would you have to weld on a mark 8 seat if all the electrics are out>?

Back