THE GREY GHOST LIVES AGAIN...

Tripany

Registered
As most of you know I had a BAD over heating problem with the Ghost.

After fighting with it all I could, I got the Dark Mark... and sold the Ghost to my buddy Jeff who lives near Austin, TX.

Skip to this past weekend...
A $600 lightly front ended 69,000 mile donor Mark VIII was got and the transplant between it and the Ghost begins...

2 days later the Ghost LIVES again! :7

http://www.explorerforum.com/data/503/lr048.jpg

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156463&page=1&pp=20

Please read Jeff's post on this transplant, as I'm sure you will find it just as interesting as I (and his explorer buddys) did.

Be ready for 4 pages of pictures and fun when you click the link... and most of all ENJOY the read!

Keep tuned for more updates!!!
There's still a hand full stuff he wants to the Ghost!

Thanks as always for reading, and thanks for all the kind and helpfull words through this whole thing!

RE: THE GREY GHOST LIVES AGAIN...

Hello everyone! Im going to use this post to introduce myself to this site because if it were not for the GREY GHOST I may not have ever renewed my interest in racing. I used to race motocross in the seventies and also BMX but never raced an auto in any way cept the backroads in east Texas. Plus most of you probably already know me from other sites? Jeff the new owner of the Ghost lives a few blocks away from me and I recently had the honor of meeting this talented individual "the machine" :) I also met the Ghosts' prior owners Tiffany and Tommy later to find out that most of you probably already know. Seems they are no strangers to the winners circle. I had never seen a christmas tree before but they managed to talk me into going to lonestar motorsports in Sealy TX last Fri and when I got there they all led me to the staging area where Tommy gave me a crash course (doing paperwork at the same time) and I must say it couldn't have been done any slicker. Managed to run a 10 flat with .03 RT with totally stock MarkVIII. I had a few less disirable ones too but oh well.. That night was all it took to get my blood pressure back up. Just what the doctor ordered! The Ghost really kicked some butt that night! Wish I had some video of one run in particular...man that was good! Got rained out this weekend...that sucked! Crawdads in the pit just dont cut it...lest their cooked! Anyway nuff for my intro. Look forward to participating here and hope I can be an asset to this site.

Danny
http://home.att.net/~ndoghouse/m8/ufosig.jpg
93 Opalescent/Med Opal "UFO"
74 F100(69 302 4bbl Edlbrk,hdrs,heads...)
66 Mercedes 230S

Welcome! :)

Be sure to share with us your renewed interest in racing. There's a couple around these parts that enjoy the track as well. ;)

Hi Danny and welcome. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Tommy and Tiffany on a road trip and racing with them. They are incredible! Congrats and have fun!

Back