Computer Code on 97 MK VIII

jerrygriffin

Registered
I have encountered a Check Engine Light and ran the code. It said "PO411" Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected. I looked at the engine and found a bad vacuum hose on the PCV valve, and replaced that, but don't know what this message refers to. Anyone know anything to help me out? Also have a rattle in the rear, sounds like upper shock mounts, but these are brand new. Spare is tight. Any ideas?
Thanks,

RE: Computer Code on 97 MK VIII

Sounds like a stupid emissions problem.

If you don't have emissions checks, yank out the whole system and get a chip burned to kill the code.

If you do, it's probably a vacuum leak somewhere. When you start the car, does a fan sounding thing come on for 20 seconds or so? this would be the air pump, it's in the front bumper on the left, not the compressor for the suspension (which is in the front bumper on the right). A hose goes from this in front of the motor to a metal thing that sits almost inside the crank pulley. There are vacuum lines connected to this mess. check them.

And go do a burnout to punish your car for bothering you over stupid emissions crap.

Back