looking to finance a supercharger.

VladN02

Registered
got to the point of life where i need even more speed.
anyone have any hints where i can find a super charger for a 98mark
lsc. with the most hp gains possible.
please let me know.

RE: looking to finance a supercharger.

No other legitimate choice other than a centrifugal supercharger as far as money, performance, and ease of installation is concerned.

I use the Vortech as many people do, Other people use the Paxton Novi 1000 or 2000. The 1000 is comprable to the Vortech S trim, where as the 2000 is comparable to the T trim.

There are many people that can install one of these units. Dennis Reinhart has had some sucess. Chris K and Geno have had sucess as well. And you cannot forget the guy that had a paxton and N2o on his car at the same time Dan R. All of these guys are knowledgable about the mark VIII platform and the installation of one of these products. Many speed shop will install them as well, with a chip burned from Vortech, which is a very conservative chip.

When it all boils down, what you really have to ask yourself is how much money are you willing to spend, and how fast is fast enough for you.

I can't say much yet but a three lobe root-type supercharger with 1/2 the profile height of similar units currently on the market is under construction and will fit under the stock hood of the 1st or 2nd Gen Marks. Product trials begin in the next several weeks. Stay tuned.

Super easy install. After it runs on the dyno, we will set pricing based on performance gains.

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

5grand install is going to be my max
as far as speed goes, i want it as fast as i can have it.

Way, way, way under $5K.

Bryan

I can't say much yet but a three lobe root-type supercharger with 1/2 the profile height of similar units currently on the market is under construction and will fit under the stock hood of the 1st or 2nd Gen Marks. Product trials begin in the next several weeks. Stay tuned.

Super easy install. After it runs on the dyno, we will set pricing based on performance gains.

Bryan

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....supercharger!

http://www.mike.lawton.clara.net/Homersweb/homerdrool2.gif

????????????????????

Bryan

????????????????????

I am interested, especially if it is something that you plan on selling for a while. No funds right now to buy one, but definitely have plans for something like what you described above. Please keep me informed on its progress.

I'm also interested in that blower. Let us know the results - I'll probably be in the market for one in a month or two.

[font color = blue]Tony - St. Louis, MO[/font]
1998 LSC - Toreador Red/Light Graphite
1987 Mustang GT - Oxford White hatchback

Were working with a company to do a system exactly like the SuperMarks.

A complete kit. Air to water intercooler with its own stand alone water pump as well as radiator, etc.

how long is that gona take geno?
im interested in a whole package, because if i buy everything i need
seperate, itll run me too much.
give me a call at 6123271807
free long dist, if you dont have it, post a number i can reach you at.
i would like to get my car all set up 500+hp by july,
its not a very long time away, but its definetly some time i guess.

got to the point of life where i need even more speed.
anyone have any hints where i can find a super charger for a 98mark
lsc. with the most hp gains possible.
please let me know.
[/quote]

You and me both Vlad, I have been struggling with this issue since I bought my 98 LSC in October. Oh sure it's possible to supercharge but in California it wouldn't be smog-legal. Hopefully you wouldn't have to deal with that in MN.

Be prepared for the expense of the other mods that are pretty much essential for your supercharged Mark. I had to more than double my original budget to supercharge. Since there isn't a kit specifically made for the Mark, you are going to need skilled help and that costs $$$, figure $1000 - $1400 plus add another $300 for a chip and about $150 for dyno time. Tuning could bump that further. Don't overlook the injectors, high capacity fuel pump and MAF those will probably add another $500-$600.

If your supercharger works and you get the extra 75-85 horsepower then you will need and want a limited slip set of gears and you can add about $700 for that with the shipping and after your LOD discount plus labor. Trans cooler, shift kit, exhaust, Iridium plugs, and don't forget tires to handle the extra power. Granted, you don't have to do all of this at once but what good is the extra power if you can't get it to the ground or your exhaust is causing inefficiency.

People have told me,"you will get 150 more HP with a blower..." but they didn't say how much boost that would take or what the octane requirements of the racing fuel I would have to run to handle that without detonation and subsequent destruction.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up. I love my Mark VIII, and I want to supercharge it, but I had no clue how much is really necessary to do the basic job which is all I have covered above. To do the job right, I feel that ideally the internals of the motor should be modified along with the heads. Including pistons, connecting rods, mains, crank, oil pump/pan and perhaps even camshafts. Now we are really talking, here is a motor that will last for a while. Heads and headers may bump the horsepower up by another 40-50 or so depending on whose they are.

I added up my list and for the basic version I had in mind I would have to invest about $9K add the heads etc. You can figure it out. It is a project.

Just think of the results though, assuming everything goes well and you can stick to the budget and don't blow up the motor during testing or enthusiastic motoring after it is all done. A Mark with 300 - 350 RWHP. It would be impressive, for a Lincoln. And if you strenghen the bottom end it should be less likely to blow up, if it is set up correctly.

My situation now is that I am waiting for Kenne Bell to get CARB to approve the 96-97 Cobra kit for the 96-98 Mark VIII. They told me that it was 'a done deal' but I still have yet to see anything in writing. Until I do, I will have to wait. In this state it's not worth taking a chance.

I like the twin screw style blower better for this application. Mainly because of my driving style. I like an immediate boost from low RPMs across the entire power band. The Kenne Bell looks awesome too, I think. Especially, if you go with the polished case (+150 extra, I think). The boost starts at around 1500 and climbs from there.

I definitely don't like the lag associated with centrifigal blowers that would occur in the Mark - unless you had a very high stall torque converter (nuts I forgot to include the converter and the bullet proof tranny in the list - add another $3500 or so)and started off in the centrifugal blower's power band. Don't forget the $1,500 aftercooler you will probably have to have with the centrifugal as well, that's good for another 30 HP or so.

So, what's it all add up to? I don't want to think about it at the moment. But it's gotta be more than I paid for my car a few months back. Anyway, I'm not discouraged or anything like that. I have hope that somehow, someone will come up with a nice bolt on blower that's legal and will cost around $1500 and come with a chip and injectora and a fuel pump etc. You never know, it could happen...

PS. Don't forget the hood if you go with a roots or twin screw add $800-$1000 for the hood cowling, labor and paint and remember the hood pins so it won't blow off and get broken.

And last but not least don't forget the MMC driveshaft. That is a must with gears and extra power! Add another $500 delivered IF you install it yourself otherwise add labor.

Robin

http://members.cox.net/robpuri/LSCRRCorrected.jpg

That pretty much sums it up,Robin.
Whats up by the way?I haven't heard from you in a while.

When it all boils down, what you really have to ask yourself is how much money are you willing to spend, and how fast is fast enough for you.

Joe you are right on the money with the last statement. I had no idea how much of an investment of time and money it would be to supercharge the Mark and get reach my goal of 450 RWHP. Apparently, to do the job correctly, so the motor will have some longevity and dependability, it would cost in the vicinity of $15K-$20K.

I am curious why you feel so strongly that a centrifugal supercharger is "...the only legitimate choice..." The modular motor seems to do well with either style. The main difference seems to be the point where the boost kicks in and the response delay.
I would like to know your opinion on this since you have lived with a Vortech for a while now.

Also, what were your dyno results with the Vortech and what max boost do you run?

Thanks,

Robin

http://members.cox.net/robpuri/LSCRRCorrected.jpg

Hey Geno.

Not trying to rain on your parade bud. I have a client that has been forced to make blower out of necessity to fit their application not remotely related to auto engines and it just so seems that it might be a perfect fit for the 4.6L. I am not in the automotive business so if you would like to discuss this particular project further, email me and let me know your thoughts. I only mentioned this because if this thing actually works (laughs), it will a monster of an application for Lincolns, Mustangs, Marauders and anything else based on the modular platform. I would supply a bare bones unit and the rest would be up to the reseller.

As soon as dyno results are in, I will post them. They will not be from a 4.6 application but I am told the flow numbers will be directly computable.

Thanks gang.

Bryan

Back