air intake resonator(s)

GR8VIII

Registered
This appears to be a two part assembly. The first under the air intake filter box at the front passenger wheel well and the second attaches to the air box outlet tube near the throttle body and lays on top of the engine. (this looks like it would only add heat) Until I get around to removing the first part, can I remove the second part and plug the hole in the tube? What's the best way to plug? Thanks!

Barry Ames
1993 stock

RE: air intake resonator(s)

I really WANT to call it the intake tube too, but the shop manual calls it the air cleaner OUTlet tube prsumably because it's LEAVING the air cleaner. I just replaced the stock air cleaner so I thought I'd just streamline the stock setup since I'm really only throwing stuff away, I think. When it's next time to replace the air filter I'll get one of those MAFs that the guys sell on here. That's what yours is a photo of, right? That would include the air box, filter and tube, right? (Looks cool and I like the braided water line too)

So I can remove the upper resonator and seal the hole in the tube without a problem, right?

Barry

Yes I have the MAF K&N and the Icebox with the aluminum intake tube. You can buy a plastic cap to plug the hole from a Home Depot. I think it's 1 1/2".

Beeeoootiful...so I'll soon be able to hear a giant sucking sound? :)

Man, you guys sure keep your engine compartments clean. Where do I find that braided water hose? Can it be ordered premade or does someone specially make it for you? Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it!

I made mine from a kit too. It's like putting the plastic grips on a bicycle's handlebars. SLOW!

Back